Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Responsible for all plant administrative activities to include: AP/AR, purchasing, P/R, inventory management/reconciliation, annual budget development and cost control/analysis functions. Provide accurate, on-time bi-weekly forecasts. Monitor/assist others in correct procedures/transactions via SAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, G-Commerce and other IntraGraham functions.
Provide leadership in the following areas either directly or through subordinates:
- Ensure compliance to internal controls.
- Execute office management in compliance with Corporate Administrative policies and procedures.
- Comply with Corporate monthly closing schedule.
- Assume responsibility for integrity of JIT Inventory system input.
- Execute monthly physical inventory; Prepare variance explanation.
- Process credits prior to month-end; Crosscheck credits with returned product log in shipping office.
- Minimize and ensure accuracy of month-end accruals and closing according to Guidelines.
- Monthly and weekly forecasts
- Manage assigned accounts to meet monthly-restated budget.
- Prepare month end reports as assigned.
- Assist with Yearly budget.
- Implement systems to ensure document control.
- Implement centralized, locked filing system.
- Accuracy of Bill of Materials components and usage factors.
- Verify monthly sales and production.
- Implement systems to audit daily production and sales input.
- Meet corporate closing schedule.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- Generate purchase orders for office supplies, etc
- Tracks all purchase orders, receipts and invoices
- Monitor cost allocation to correct account numbers
- Post goods for customer daily shipments
- Check reported time for accuracy
- Enter and reconcile weekly payroll hours
- Report weekly hours for temp employees to agencies
- Enter temporary hours into system
- Reconcile temporary hours to invoices and process for payment
- Process employment applications; complete employment verification, administer drug testing and background check for prospective new employees; maintain applicant flow log.
- Set up and maintain all personnel files and record changes on all employee status as necessary. Forward completed documents to corporate for processing.
- Administer disability, workers’ compensation and unemployment programs; maintain OSHA log.
- Complete monthly reporting including organization charts, new hire and termination, staffing report, and others as requested.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and answer questions when necessary in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation.
- Open and distribute mail
- Separate bills of lading and maintain control files of BOLs
- Copy and fax support. Maintain paper supplies in machines
- Maintain office supplies, office equipment, vending service
- Manage outgoing mail and overnight shipments
Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 – 5 Years
- MS Office / Intermediate Skills
- SAP a plus
- Manufacturing or Distribution experience highly desired
- Must be able to multitask, work independently
- Strong initiative, energetic, excellent people skills
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.