Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs, with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Building battery-electric vehicles for all people requires building an equitable and inclusive company which mirrors that diversity. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is what’s driving our business forward every day. It starts by ensuring that our workplace, workforce, and industry reflect all the communities we are proud to serve. Come and be part of the Proterra Revolution
This position will provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Greet all guests entering the facility and serve as host when appointed by the Site Leader. Responsible for office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. Responsible for completing multi-level tasks in a professional manner. This position will report to the reports to the Site Leader of Proterra Transit and collaborate with other Corporate team members located at our transit facility in Greenville, SC, manufacturing facilities in Greer, SC and Burlingame, CA.
About the Role – You Will:
- Provide reception support for the office which may include: Greet and welcome clients, visitors, and employees in a professional and courteous manner. Screen phone calls, take messages, and check voicemail as required and direct callers to their destination. Communicate effectively and professionally with department leadership. Respond to all inquiries and direct to appropriate departments or persons for fulfillment.
- Maintain neatness of lobby, reception, and breakroom areas, and general office cleanliness.
- Organize front office operations and in compliance with workplace safety and company policies.
- Ensure issuance of proper badge and maintain visitor logs.
- Assist with coordination of office events (i.e. new hire orientation, catering, logistics, booking vendors, etc.)
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including distributing mail, copying, faxing, taking notes and creating/maintaining spreadsheets for various tasks, POs, order supplies.
- Schedule conference rooms; manage conference room calendars and setup instructions; and maintain reception area and conference room appearance.
- Answer phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary
- Available to assist after working hours for special events/situations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned by Site Leader(s).
About Our Group
- As strategic partners, the Proterra Corporate team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Corporate team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations.
- You will report to the reports to the Site Leader of Proterra Transit and collaborate with other Corporate team members located at our transit facility in Greenville, SC, manufacturing facilities in Greer, SC and Burlingame, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes
- To support the health and safety of our teams and work spaces, we require employees to comply with latest CDC Requirements and Guidelines.
- High School Diploma with at least 2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Manager equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of basic legal terminology.
- Ability to read, respond timely/accurately to and organize a high volume of emails.
- Ability to relay information promptly and accurately.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Good organizational skills including filing and calendaring.
- Ability to keep work area organized and tidy.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate personal computer and other equipment in the office, including (but not limited to) multi-line phone system, fax machine, presentation equipment, copier and scanner
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Time management skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)