Vanguard is a leading provider of financial products and services to individual and institutional investors world-wide! In addition, Vanguard is an employer of choice that continually invests in the growth, development, and success of its employees (crew members) over the course of their Vanguard careers. Vanguard’s Office of the General Counsel addresses a wide range of sophisticated and compelling legal and compliance issues. To continue to support its growing business, Vanguard is seeking an Office Manager/Administrative Associate to oversee one of our offices in Washington, DC.
Potential candidates should share Vanguard’s core values, including unmatched ethical standards and client service, strong work ethic, and can-do demeanor. They should champion a team environment by building collaborative and positive relationships with others. Additionally, they should demonstrate their ability to establish relationships, influence others, manage multiple priorities, and address difficult problems.
As an Office Manager you will:
- Oversee the daily operation of a 10 person office and coordinate any maintenance, repairs, tech issues with the appropriate vendor or internal partner.
- Maintain calendar for senior leaders and department.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for team. Reconcile expenses and processes claims accordingly.
- Build and manage external vendor relationships and maintain office supplies and accounts.
- Manage logistics for events and meetings including scheduling, travel arrangements if necessary, refreshments/meals, invoices, etc.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Lead enhancement efforts to increase efficiency, work productivity, and the crew experience. Document and implement office procedures and protocols in accordance with organizational policies.
- Coordinate with our other Vanguard offices and departments.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will:
- Have strong attention to detail, time management, and ability to shift priorities of different tasks when needed
- Excel in relationship management in order to build strong effective relationships with those they are supporting
- Possess problem solving skills, a positive attitude, and be a team player
- Have two years administrative or office management experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite. Concur and Oracle experience is a plus.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- The office operates in a hybrid work model which allows for the flexibility to work remote on Mondays and Fridays.
- We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
- For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
- We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
- Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
- We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
- When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
- Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunity
Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer. Vanguard is committed to providing all crew members a working environment that is free from discrimination, prejudice and bias. Through this Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy, Vanguard reaffirms its commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and crew members without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status. In addition, Vanguard prohibits discrimination based on genetic information, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Vanguard. Please inform firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.