This position is responsible for but not limited to providing administrative support which includes correspondence, filing, mail distribution, upkeep of records, onboarding new employees, and coordination of schedules and/or meetings.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner and administers training to back-up personnel
- Maintains high level of confidentiality relating to all HR matters.
- Performs purchasing for supplies and parts for site needs
- Assists HR and leadership team with conducting phone screen, and scheduling of interviews, if necessary
- Updates Operational policies and procedures through our change management process.
- Directs visitors and employees to the proper person or department as well as ensuring visitors are complying with the visitor policy
- Copier(s) usage, in the front office
- Assists outside vendors; including access, contracts, and billing
- Mail handling both incoming and outgoing
- Assists the HR department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees to include door badge system, managing lockers, ordering eye wear, safety shoes, and uniforms as well as setting up yearly hearing tests and fire extinguisher trainings
- Maintains Employee Bulletin Boards
- Maintains archive room
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Types and distributes correspondence to include word processing/typing of letters, memos, forms, agendas, reports, certificates, and policies/procedures (includes handling of confidential information). Help create and file new hire packets for HR department
- Coordinates all office activities
- Coordinates and supports transportation and shipping in to and from the site
- Provides administrative support for the leadership team to include meeting presentations, meeting notes, copier projects, mail handling, file maintenance and internal/external communications (written or verbal)
- Coordinates various arrangements for applicable meetings and company events to include holiday party and summer picnic.
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards
- Coordinates with Managers and outside vendors to ensure upkeep of building maintenance & cleaning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty independently and satisfactorily. Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and interface with all departments. Must maintain absolute confidentiality. Must be able to multi-task, be accurate, have good organizational skills, and handle high levels of stress. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Must be excellent at prioritizing and communicating completion time on projects and requests.
An Associate’s Degree in Business Management or a related field is preferred, but not required. 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher. Suitable training to satisfy the duties of the job is required.
Continuous physical activity throughout the workday such as climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, hearing, talking, repetitive motion, and moving objects weighing up to 50 lbs.