FLSA Status: Salaried Non-Exempt
Base Compensation Range: $22.00 -$24.00 per hour
Hours: Full-time, daytime shifts very little weekend work
Mizkan America has an immediate opening in its Bulk vinegar plant in Shively, KY for a day shift Office Administrator with little to no weekend work. The Office Administrator is responsible for all office administrative tasks at the Shively, Ky. Plant.
Comments: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter various production, receiving, shipping and purchasing data, contacting source department to clarify questionable information and correct errors.
- Answer incoming phone calls, take messages and forward to appropriate person.
- Greet visitors and inform employee being called on. Ensure sign in/out of log and possession of Food Safety Training Card as required for security purposes. Issue safety equipment as needed.
- Type general correspondence, agendas and reports as requested.
- Open, sort and distribute mail and faxes. Prepare outgoing mail.
- Maintain office files.
- Maintain office supplies, ordering supplies as needed.
- Prepare purchase order requisitions.
- Notify temporary help agency of needed workers. Notify supervisor of temporary helper's name and hours.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Perform accounts payable and receivable administrative functions.
- Seeks additional work during slow periods.
- Ability to cross train in other areas and successfully complete projects.
- Ability to work tactfully, harmoniously and effectively with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, contractors and/or visitors.
- Keep others informed of important information in a timely manner. Communicate unusual problems, delays, etc. to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- Responsible for keeping work area and other areas of office clean.
- Effectively communicate with other departments regarding statuses on parts and services, as well as updates.
- Assist with TTB/Tax Reporting on a timely basis.
- Resolve issues pertaining to shipping or receiving of bulk materials and finished products.
- Verify Certificates of Analysis’ COA’s – obtaining for orders and forwarding to customers as needed.
- Secure carriers for loads for LTL’s
- Broker loads for outside Company (3rd party) (tankers)
- Input & update data from bills of ladings
- Work with schedulers/purchasers/warehouse/customers/suppliers, other plants & Corporate to be sure that all loads are covered
- Solve any problems that may arise
- Inquire about freight rates for possible new customers & unusual freight movements
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required. Associate degree preferred.
- 3 + years of experience in bulk vinegar administration
- Excellent Verbal, Written and Math skills required.
- Attention to accuracy, neatness, details required.
- Ability to operate personal computer with proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Willing to work under varying circumstances and changes in procedures,
- Must be organized but flexible.
- Work well with others
- Be able to handle stress.
- Be able to react quickly & maintain composure Thorough knowledge of transportation laws & procedure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work under varying circumstances such as changes in procedures, operating/customer requirements.
- Ability to operate PC, and standard office equipment.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Excellent Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401 Matching program
- 401 profit sharing
- Paid time off (PTO) immediately
- Bonus and much more
Mizkan America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity