DXC TechnologyEast Hartford, CT16 days ago
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in application design and development discussions with clients and management to determine client needs and ensure that product adheres to established specifications and standards.
- Reviews development, modification and testing of applications software by less experienced employees to ensure that product efficiency and cost effectiveness are achieved.
- Performs moderately complex modification, testing and debugging tasks on vendor supplied utilities and packages to ensure fit with current operating environment.
- Reviews and edits program and user documentation for applications developed within the department to ensure that client access to product is efficient and user-friendly.
- Designs, codes and maintains complex applications to ensure applications are efficient and updated on a regular basis; may review work of less senior programmers and provide suggestions to improve product quality.
- Coordinates activities with personal computer support staff to ensure that appropriate support is provided on all application issues.
- May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Six or more years of systems programming experience
- Experienced NX Admin and NX development experience
- NX product knowledge.
- Install features/scripts, configure and support NX at the server and client level.
- Installation of NX updates/patches and configuration on Linux and Windows.
- Installation of NX 3rd party integrated updates/patches.
- Integration of NX customizations, testing, release.
- FLexLM License management, custom default configuration, volume management.
- Experience developing custom NX applications using the Siemens NX Open Development Toolkit.
- GRIP programming language. Experienced java, C++, Perl, Python.
- Unix shell scripting, Oracle sql, Websphere. Visual Studio, Eclipse, Github. J2EE web application development skills.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with Engineering customers and to understand their business use of the tools, to better troubleshoot their issues.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- Remote work available for the right candidate
- Some travel to the customer site may be required once COVID19 meassures are over
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability (physical or mental), protected veteran status or military service of affiliation, race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, protected genetic information, or political affiliation. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment. EEO is the Law Poster.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email. Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.