Epson is looking for a Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure team at Epson America's corporate headquarters. Epson is a global technology powerhouse with a long history of innovative technology, award winning products and industry leading market performance. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
This position can be remote or you can work a hybrid schedule out of Epson America's headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA.
- Under general supervision, supports the operations of the network infrastructure and evaluation of current network systems. Participates in the identification, development and implementation of industry standards and security best practices.
- Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents computer networks and infrastructure.
- Facilitates network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration.
- Maintains in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, etc., for the Networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center networking and interconnection.
- Builds scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training).
- Drives improvements in network process, efficiency and standardization.
- Contributes to the development and analyses of network designs and protocols including prototyping and assessment.
- Evaluates current network systems. Recommends changes in maintenance and systems standards, and train support personnel on the conversion and implementation of the system.
- Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards.
- Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause identifies potential issues in the production environment and recommends potential solutions.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience with Cisco networking.
- Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of 5 years of experience managing enterprise IT infrastructure/network environments.
- The ability to build strong relationships with peers, other departments, and managers to best meet company goals and objectives.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP in a multisite, multivendor environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting firewalls (examples: Cisco ASA, Palo Alto NGFW), IPsec, wireless, and QoS.
- Desired: 3 years of experience with network security including 802.1X network access control, ZTNA, TrustSec, and Cisco ISE administration.
- Desired: 3 years of experience with network monitoring and management tools including SolarWinds NPM, SolarWinds NCM, LiveAction, and Cisco Prime.
- Desired: 1 year of experience with SDN products including Cisco SD-Access, Cisco ACI, and SD-WAN solutions.
- Desired certifications:
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CCNP Enterprise (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- PCNSA (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator)
- PCNSE (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer)
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $100,404 and $129,935. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.