National Sales & Training Manager
At Beautycounter, we go beyond clean to get safer beauty into the hands of everyone. Launched in 2013 as a direct-to-consumer beauty brand and acquired by the Carlyle Group in April 2021, we develop and distribute roughly 100 beauty products across skin care, makeup, and personal care, serving both the United States and Canada.
In addition to our Never List™, which excludes over 1,800 questionable ingredients from our formulations, we’ve established a rigorous set of safety standards for both our products and our manufacturing partners. And, through our advocacy efforts, we’ve helped introduce more health-protective legislation to the beauty industry.
Beautycounter is proud to be a Certified B Corporation that’s committed to more sustainable packaging, responsible sourcing, and a policy of total transparency. Awards include Fast Company's Most Innovative, Allure's Best of Beauty, Glamour's Beauty Awards, Refinery29's Innovators List, WWD's 2019 Best-Performing Beauty Company, and CNBC's Disruptor 50.
The National Sales and Training Manager will manage a team of Regional Sales and Training Executives and will educate, collaborate, and strategize with to increase sales and achieve company objectives. These objectives include adherence to budgetary spend commitment and overall profitability. This will be achieved by servicing customers, motivating, and training associates, all while cultivating strong account relationships. The NSTM will serve as a key partner in driving sales. The NSTM reports directly to the Key Account Director.
- Responsible for driving sales and executing strategies and initiatives to ensure the achievement of sales plan.
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with internal and external business partners resulting in increased understanding of the business and achievement of successful sales results.
- Create an open and collaborative environment that influences the sales team. Cascades knowledge and best practices within the field organization.
- Accountable for strengthening brand identity by creating visual merchandising consistency and ensuring visual, inventory and operational standards are met.
- Consistently support our product and marketing campaigns through customer interactions, trainings, and successful execution of visual direction.
- Evaluates trends to determine resource movements against sales.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all products as well as ingredients.
- Deliver information in front of large groups for educational and sales purposes virtually as well as in large regional formats.
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships resulting in increased understanding of the business and achievement of successful sales results.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining productive freelance teams as well as Beauty Advisor/Coordinator teams (where applicable)
- Act as key liaison and executor both internally and externally of all events within territory, including virtual, with responsibility for achieving all financial targets.
- Meet all deadlines for requests including calendars, expense, and event recaps. Understand partner protocols, support and adhere to their policies.
- Enforce and execute company policies, procedures, and operational standards.
- Participate in regional meetings and conference calls to provide partnership and create solutions to address business needs.
- Work cross functionally with the Education team to grow store personnel confidence of the brand and their ability to sell the product and build brand awareness.
- Maintains a professional digital footprint across social media platforms, adhering to company guidelines.
- Act in a positive and professional manner through personal example and influence of teams.
- Adheres to brand Dress Code Guidelines & consistently demonstrates a polished and professional appearance, frequently changing makeup styles to reflect current trends by wearing seasonal looks.
- Accountable for achieving company objectives relating to sales plan, TE budget, Freelance budget.
- Minimum of 8 years Cosmetic Account Executive or 5 years Regional Sales Manager experience. (or equivalent position)
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through fostering relationships and providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and achieve results
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation (where applicable)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays
Pay: $100k-$137k for work locations in the United States, with individual pay determined by several factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, education, and training. Salary ranges are determined in good faith by role, level, and location. As a remote-eligible job, salary ranges for specific locations will be provided upon request.
Bonus: Additional compensation includes an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Benefits at Beautycounter:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance effective the 1st of the month following hire date
- Bc paid and supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Bc contribution to HSA plan (if enrolled in HSA compatible plan)
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Health & Wellness support for all employees (at no cost!) through Modern Health
- 401(k) plan with company match following 90 days of employment
- Unlimited Vacation for Exempt Associates (or 15 days Paid Time Off for Non-Exempt Associates)
- 14 Company Paid Holidays per year
- 20 hours of Paid Volunteer Time off per year
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.