National Manager, Quality
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ”) (CSE: JUSH) (OTCQX: JUSHF), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The National Manager, Quality will develop, manage, and lead the quality assurance function, working in partnership with sales, engineering, procurement, and operations, to ensure the highest possible quality outcomes for the VA facility. The National Manager, Quality will assist in the development and implementation of an effective, robust quality management system (QMS) processes and methods in alignment with FDA CFR requirements, and will utilize metrics to improve quality processes and efficiency continually. Will be responsible for creating the company’s Quality System and will help to define, communicate, and implement the company’s quality strategy and vision.(Must reside on the East Coast. Preferably: PA, VA, OH, MA)
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and direct a team of QA professionals in the development of Quality Management systems, ensure that both internal (Manufacturing) and external (Supplier) processes are conducted with consistency and control, and will promulgate a culture of excellence and compliance throughout the organization.
- Regular travel to the different facilities and locations throughout the organization.
- Participate in new GMP facility design, construction, and process implementation.
- Develop, refine and educate team members on quality management program to ensure there is an in-depth understanding of program and individual responsibilities
- Oversee GMP production operations, including establishing SOPs, training, and oversee operations for quality controls and GMP compliance.
- Perform regular internal and contract manufacturer audits, track trend quality metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure improvement and alignment of the Quality Management Systems across locations
- Provide advice with process improvements to eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other relevant guidelines.
- Serve as an escalation point for corporate quality issues, including investigations, recalls, deviations, CAPA, Change controls, inspections, clearances, validation, and training.
- Serve as a resource working with research staff in study design, data collection and analysis, reporting activities that support quality improvement interventions, transparency, compliance regulatory standards and provide performance monitoring.
- Assure review and approval of batch record documentation, including validation protocols, master batch records, analytical test results, packaging, and labeling documentation.
- Represent the Quality function during inspections by regulatory authorities and customers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or similar technical discipline is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Familiarity with 21 CFR 111, cGMP practices, DSHEA, FDA regulation, and audits
- Extensive knowledge of cGMP requirements in dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing
- The ability to travel 50-75% of the time.
- Experience working in FDA-regulated industry.
- Experience with FDA inspections and communication with regulators
- Experience in budget management and managing scientific staff from a budgetary and personnel standpoint.
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional stakeholders in a complex/changing global environment.
- Experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, including concept, design, implementation, verification, and validation activities necessary for product commercialization a plus.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.