National Distribution Manager
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$92,300.00 – $152,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Responsible for communicating, monitoring and assessing Enterprise Distribution Management strategies and tactics through reporting, analysis and developing relationships across Travelers and with assigned agents and brokers. This job does not manage others This job works under General Supervision: Incumbent independently performs a variety of duties, including potentially complex duties within established policy guidelines; responsible for a defined set of assignments (e.g. assigned customers, claims or other specified set of responsibilities); is expected to set priorities and meet specific goals and objectives of the function or unit. (Typically pertains to advanced/operational, senior professional, unit supervisor)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT:
- Coordinate preparation, organization, analysis and generation of agency data for efficient management of National Distribution relationships and opportunities.
- Knowledge of Distribution Management Information (MI), including Enterprise Distribution Management reports and agency resources.
- Displays initiative by creating reports and providing analysis using MI tools.
- Consult with Agency Administration in support of M&A activity related to ND brokers and agents.
- Coordinate with Agency Compensation as it relates to ND broker and agent compensation agreements.
- MARKETPLACE MANAGEMENT:
- Support National Distribution VP’s with management of assigned brokers and agents.
- Be recognized across the Field and Business Units as a lead resource in understanding and communicating marketplace dynamics and knowledge of relationships with ND brokers and agents.
- Work with ND VP’s to gather, maintain and disseminate intelligence related to ND brokers & agents (e.g. their key strategies, competitor intel).
- Exhibit knowledge of market drivers that impact ND brokers & agents; leverage with Business Units at the direction of ND VP’s.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGER DEVELOPMENT:
- Work with assigned Relationship Managers in Field and BU’s to ensure common understanding of key strategies and initiatives related to ND brokers & agents.
- Participate in meetings with ND VP’s and brokers/agents as requested/needed.
- Develop means to keep Field & Business Unit Relationship Managers informed of changes and updates to existing, as well as new, strategies.
- REPORTING & ANALYTICS:
- Work with ND VP’s and Enterprise Distribution Management team to develop, implement and monitor strategic initiatives related to ND brokers & agents.
- Coordinate with Business Insurance Business Intelligence (BIBI) team to create and maintain reports needed to support ND VP’s.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on broker platforms & analytics, coordination with ND broker and agent & TRV teams as necessary.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS:
- Provide support for key broker/agent engagement for agency events such as (Council for Insurance Agents and Brokers (CIAB) events, Travelers Leadership Conference, Masters, Travelers Championship, etc.
- Prepare presentations and materials needed for internal and external meetings.
- Engage in special projects as directed by manager and ND VP’s.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years experience in insurance, with knowledge of Independent Agent and Broker channel.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years’ experience in insurance, with knowledge of Independent Agent and Broker channel preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills as well strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate project management skills. Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and ability to interact effectively with others across functions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Intermediate business acumen. Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel, Word and related applications.
- Problem solving and decision making skills and ability to think strategically. Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.