National Account Manager
Our location in KANSAS CITY currently has an opportunity for a NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER within our Toxicology business unit. The National Account Manager is responsible for building and sustaining relationships and supporting growth of eScreen National Account clients and partners. Develops and maintains strong relationships with one or more National Account Customer to identify and implement strategies for growth, and provide solutions to promote stability, and retention. Introduce new eScreen products and services and provide training to educate and increase program adoption, utilization and satisfaction of all eScreen product and services.
This position is the first point of contact for their assigned National Account(s) regarding, but not limited to, contracts and contract pricing of existing and new services, provides training , manages expectations and addresses concerns along with other customer Program Management related projects. This position acts as the Voice of Customer, and is responsible for communication with eScreen internal teams and leadership regarding customer requirements, expectations and escalated issues.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serves as the liaison between Abbott eScreen and assigned clients, using a consultative approach to manage expectations and upsell solutions, products, and services to meet customer needs.
- Daily interaction with internal eScreen teams and client contacts at all management levels including executive support.
- Perform customer trouble shooting, follow-up calls, facilitate meetings, conduct business reviews, and provide support to client accounts in partnership with Manager, Account Management, to support customer retention, growth initiatives, and oversight of a customer program efficiencies.
- Execute goals and objective strategies as established by the Manager, Account Management
- Determine the most effective communication style for each customer to best understand their program structure, business model and business strategy to support and make recommendations or provide best practices.
- Coordinate necessary marketing materials and support provided to account customers.
- Introduce sales and marketing efforts to generate new business growth
- Complete all department procedures, attend department meetings, and oversee all scheduled trainings and Client visits.
- Review and provide data analysis to each client account to use for internal purposes and manage performance, growth or decline in services and identify opportunity for service improvements
- Leverage customer relationships to promote additional products and services to influence account retention and growth.
- Provide guidance to internal NA support teams and operational teams to best service your customer
- Maintain up to 30% minimum travel schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3-5 years of professional experience required
- Experience with managing customer relations via phone, email and in person daily
- Must have proven skills and experience in extensive interactive client relationships
- Must be a technology-minded person with experience in using Microsoft office applications; creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets; using digital conference applications (WebEx, Skype, MS Teams); using CRMs; and other similar platforms to track projects and document details.
- Needs to understand data and be able to analyze and articulate data findings to internal and external leadership
- Must be an extremely organized person who can manage several open issues and continue to work them until closed with resolution, while working on all special projects
- Must be a disciplined note-taker with strong attention to recording all applicable details of a project and all daily issue resolution situations
- Must have strong time-management skills to be able to perform required daily activities, take on new issues and complete other duties
- Must be able to successfully work independently and collaborate with a team
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in drug testing or Occupational Health-related account management (a plus)
- Knowledge of Abbott eScreen products and software applications a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.