TelevisaUnivision, Austin is looking for an assertive and passionate bilingual multi-media journalist. We are looking for someone who is social media savvy, who has solid news judgement with the ability to think quickly responding appropriately to high pressure situations. The quality that sets us apart is the connection we have with our community; candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills, with dynamic live television skills.
You are an enthusiastic self-starter who loves working with people, is detail oriented, and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Generate stories with minimum direction.
- Shooting and editing news stories.
- Produce daily content on a variety of platforms.
- Develop sources and contacts.
- Contribute story ideas daily.
- Set up interviews and other appointments as needed for background on assigned stories.
- Capability of reporting live from the field on breaking stories.
- Participate in station related events.
- Maintain close communication with news team, show producers and news director.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- 1-2 years of reporting experience.
- Strong live reporter experience.
- Ability to work well under time deadlines.
- Flexibility to work early morning, morning, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong understanding of news gathering ethical and legal issues.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Genuine enthusiasm for work & a drive for excellence.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (read and write).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type and sit for up to (8) hours.
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.