Merchandising Excellence Retail, Manager
The Coca-Cola CompanyAtlanta, GAa month ago
To convert shoppers into buyers by creating irresistible shopper experiences for key consumption occasions driving growth through world-class execution
- Passionate leadership & superior agile project management of all Merchandising Materials (Print POP, Ambient Merchandising equipment, Promotional Merchandise, On Premise permanent equipment, Drinkware) supporting Channels, Brand, Sustaining Platforms, & Pillar Programs
- Irresistible and cost competitive element creation & Innovation supporting Coca-Cola North America’s Commercial Agenda & Channel Picture of Success (PicOS)
- Merchandising Materials expert to the Coca-Cola system which builds and fosters Bottler and Customer relationships, improves collaboration and increases System participation in Picture of Success (PicOS) programs to leverage system spend and identify productivity opportunities
- Strong cross-functional relationship management with clients (Channel, Customer Marketing) and partner (Procurement, Global Design, Approved Suppliers, Finance, Commercial Execution, Bottlers) to ensure on-strategy, branded & differentiated merchandising solutions and influence business decision-making.
- Lead the development and on time fulfillment of complex Brand, Pillar, Channel and Customer Merchandising projects which enable Picture of Success (PicOS) execution and support North America, Bottler and Customer programming.
- Partner with the Channel and Customer teams making recommendations and driving solutions that differentiate TCCC brands in the market place, enable PicOS execution and deliver our goals for revenue, gross margin, value share, trip conversions, share of visible inventory (SOVI), incidence, customer and shopper satisfaction and overall Brand love.
- Develop new solutions for the Coca-Cola System. Capture business needs from System, help define briefs, engage with Channel, Global Design, Customer teams, Suppliers and Procurement to align cross functional resources, influence direction and project manage work streams. Includes SKU rationalization and process optimization.
- Gain System alignment on new Merchandising Material launches
- Coach and manager suppliers and act as business lead overseeing day to day operations
- Influence Suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both Organizations by leveraging the volume of the Coca-Cola System.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop and deliver innovative, high quality and value engineered solutions that drive Coca-Cola System revenue, profit and share
- Collaborate with Strategic Procurement to ensure suppliers comply to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
- 2-5 years’ experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Commercialization, Sales/Customer Management, Channel Strategy, Shopper Marketing
- CPG, Retail and Foodservice experience working with Merchandising Materials (print POP, ambient merchandising equipment, specialty merchandise, permanent merchandise & drinkware) or direct experience managing (or working at) design agencies, production suppliers in the development and commercialization of merchandising materials
- 5-10 years’ experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Experience working at a design firm or creative/shopper marketing agency
General Skills & Knowledge:
- Manage and direct all phases of complex programs from inception to completion, including identifying and acquiring cross-functional resources, co-developing & refining the opportunity brief, resolving conflicts, problem-solving, identifying and developing contingency plans, communicating decisions and progress to key stakeholders, and preparing materials Merchandising item reviews.
- Increase successful Merchandising Material (MM) innovation launches by investigating new and emerging technologies across multiple industries in order to determine potential application with MM development.
- Develop and maintain highly collaborative partnerships with stakeholders in order to influence business decision-making.
- Provide product and service expertise to the Coca-Cola System which builds Bottler and Franchise relationships, improves collaboration and increases Network participation in order to leverage system spend and increase productivity.
- Monitor plan and execution progress by consulting and coordinating activities with customer and internal Coca-Cola stakeholders to ensure proper and timely execution of Merchandising Materials for successful execution.
- Conduct market visits to observe store operations, layout and equipment to determine future Merchandising needs.
- Strong knowledge of all Channels / outlet types
- Shopper Marketing & Insights mining working with Brand, Shopper Marketing, and Integrated Content Marketing (IMC) teams as applicable
- 5-10 years in CPG/Retail/Customer/Shopper Marketing space
- Cross functional team routines and management; supplier/design agency oversight, direction, and scorecards
- Annual merchandising plan implementation: full cross functional buy-in from Design, Category Commercialization, Channel, Brand, Franchise, Bottlers, Strategic Procurement, Finance
- Support team with Special Projects outside of Primary Responsibilities as needed
- Merchandising Innovation mining from approved suppliers
- Participation in Merchandising Forums, Design/Pre-Production sessions and other relevant cross-functional routines.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.