Bring your conceptual style culture, as an online apparel Merchandising Buyer for a premium apparel brand. Select and source women’s RTW apparel categories. You’ll need high trend insight and foresight. In this creative role, you will curate ongoing assortments and inspired product stories. The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality, beauty and style-sense with ability to connect team partners and align business goals. This role is located onsite with the apparel Buying and Creative team in Los Angeles, CA.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Curate women’s premium apparel assortments; select internal/ external RTW pieces that represent a curated style of customer wants and needs
· Connect and evolve product through story-telling, including exclusives and cohesive seasonal collections for all sales channels
· Research and source apparel vendor-partners that align with a brand footprint, business targets and calendar cycle.
· Fashion-style & quality advocate. Build assortments within given standards and timelines.
· Gain insight on trends, explore new product, track competition and market shifts
· Analyze sell-thru and sales performance reports. Leverage ongoing analysis to identify risks, opportunities, improve margins and make decisions.
· Plan and initiate team product/buy meetings for owned categories; present product, share strategies, line sheets, costs other information to internal partners
· Adhere to assortment plan and align pricing to create healthy margins
· Review final photographs to ensure appealing descriptions text/image and overall visual presentation
· Develop cross team partnerships and collaborate with Design & Creative, Product Development and Planning. Drive communications as needed.
· Negotiate, communicate, maintain relationships and resolve issues with domestic and overseas vendors, troubleshoot problems
· Improve return rate with a competitive and consumer perspective, ensure quality and aesthetic
· Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Design, Marketing, Communications or related. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of education.
· Minimum of 4-6 years of applicable experience. Experience can include merchant, buyer, merchandising, account executive or other role with buying / selling capacity.
· Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to update reports and analyze margins
· Must have experience in women’s categories, premium fashion brands and /or premium denim markets
· Should have a good understanding of the Product Development & the Creative process
· Experience with vendor relations, negotiations, the buy and sell process.
· Excellent communication skills. Ability to present assortments, drive your point-of-view while collaborating with cross-team partners
· Experience with high-end apparel, fashion style & consumer retail trends
· Ability to travel to stores, apparel tradeshows, trunk shows and events.
· Ability to work full-time, on-site in company HDQ in Los Angeles, CA 90013.
If this sounds like a potential match, we encourage you to apply!
To learn more about Talent Suede and job openings go to www.talentsuede.com
Talent Suede Equal Opportunities: we offer career opportunities for well-known apparel brands on the west and east coasts and several states in-between. We are committed to diversity and equal opportunities in the work place. We have ongoing practices that prohibit applicant discrimination against any individual due to race, color, religion, age gender, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by state or federal laws.
California & New York Job Applicants
To ensure ongoing discretion and privacy, Talent Suede follows all points under the California Consumer Privacy Act, 2018 and the New York Privacy Act 2021. Information presented to Talent Suede is kept confidential and is never sold, distributed or used for any type of solicitation purposes. Candidate’s resume and application materials are discretely submitted as directed by the candidate, solely and exclusively for the above-mentioned career opportunity. Note: For privacy and data protection, all candidates are kept “confidential.” Private information is provided only at the time of a job offer.