Our mission at Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc has always been to make it easy for our customers and our associates to “feel at home” across our retail brands… and we want to ensure that same mission carries through given our company’s recent news. Therefore, we’re looking to support our remaining stores with Temporary* Department Supervisors across our Bed, Bath & Beyond and buybuyBaby banners to provide our customer’s “best in class” customer service and a fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers a wide range of quality products and goods.The Department Supervisor oversees and directs the merchandising activities in an assigned area of the store. The Department Supervisor works in conjunction with the store team to ensure proper product presentation while driving sales results by ensuring a high level of customer service in a safe work environment.
- Lead a merchandise department within the store by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and leading merchandise responsibilities (for example, restocking, organization and display, price changes)
- Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
- Provide advanced knowledge of merchandise to customers, explaining features and differences between merchandise and providing purchasing advice to customers
- Provide coaching and training to associates on team and throughout the store as needed
- Execute activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services related to merchandise category (e.g., special sale items, credit card applications)
- Interview all prospective candidates and trains and develops the associates within their department
- Manage associate’s performance, annual review and progression within job catalog
- Assigns tasks and monitor schedule/breaks for the associates within their department
- Assists associate to provide increased service to customers in response to specific needs and requests
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for customer complaints, escalating to management when necessary
- Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
- Perform Leader On Duty responsibilities as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-6 years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries (the “Company”), filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 23, 2023. You are being hired on a temporary and seasonal basis until on or around July 26, 2023 to assist the Company for the specific purpose of assisting with our closuring efforts. You understand that because of the temporary and seasonal nature of your employment, you are not an employee that is eligible to receive any notice or benefits under the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act and any similar and applicable state or local law. This information does not alter the at-will nature of your employment and you may be terminated under our normal policies at any time.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the People & Culture Department.
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.