Merchandise Planning Manager
The Merchandise Planning Manager will play a critical role in ensuring optimal inventory levels and efficient merchandise allocation to maximize sales, profitability, and customer satisfaction. This position requires a strong analytical mindset, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key Result Areas
- Business Analysis and Promotional Management: 60%
- Merchandise Strategy and Execution: 30%
- Inventory Operations and Maintenance: 10%
Total Time Utilization 100%
- 5-8 years in merchandise planning, inventory management, or related roles within the consumer goods industry, preferably in the toy sector.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Knowledge in Target's business systems and procedures – POL, VIQ/Greenfield, IMN is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make informed decisions.
- Proficiency in using merchandise planning software, data analysis tools, and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with both internal and external teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing business needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and precision in forecasting and inventory management.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities, with a results-driven approach.
- Knowledge of retail operations, supply chain management, and market trends in the toy industry.
- Reports to Director of Sales
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Collaborate with Target partners to understand their inventory needs, sales trends, and promotional strategies.
- Analyze historical sales data, market trends, and seasonal patterns to forecast demand accurately.
- Manage inventory forecasts, taking into consideration factors such as product lifecycles, market trends, and promotional events.
- Provide regular reports and insights to internal and external stakeholders regarding sales performance, inventory levels, and merchandise strategies.
- Work with internal partners to solve inventory availability issues.
Merchandise/Promotional Strategy and Execution
- Develop and execute merchandise planning strategies that align with both MGA’s company's goals and Target's objectives.
- Monitor inventory levels and sales performance, making real-time adjustments as necessary to optimize sell-through and inventory turnover.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in merchandise planning and inventory management, striving for operational excellence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and product development, to share insights and align merchandise strategies.
- Foster a strong working relationship with Target key contacts and communicate with them on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure timely and efficient product replenishment, minimizing stock outs and overstock situations.
- Support in any project assigned by Team Lead.
Other duties as assigned