Meeting Coordinator and Project Assistant
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is a research and consulting firm that provides a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. ERG offers multidisciplinary teams with nationally recognized skills in engineering, science, economics, public health, informational technology, and communications.
We hire people with the best minds and then provide them with a vibrant and flexible environment in which to develop their careers. The qualified individual must be highly motivated with the skills to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Environmental consulting firm ERG seeks a bright, motivated individual to provide logistical and administrative support for our award-winning conference services team. Most of the work can be performed remotely if desired, but some work will need to be performed onsite in our Concord, Massachusetts, office. We envision this as a full-time position but would be willing to consider 32 hours per week for the right candidate.
- Vendor research and coordination (venue, audiovisual services, interpretation, transcription services, etc.)
- Online registration support
- Document preparation
- Occasional onsite support for in-person meetings
- Setup and technical coordination of Zoom and Microsoft Teams webinars
- Support for social media outreach campaigns
- Data entry, review of vendor invoices, and assistance with subcontracting paperwork
Qualifications and Skills:
- Our clients are primarily government agencies expecting smooth but budget-conscious meetings that comply with government policies. Thus, our ideal candidate will be a quick learner and willing to work hard behind the scenes on tasks that might not be glamorous yet are integral to the success of each event
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience running Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams webinars
- A customer service focus with strong interpersonal skills (this position includes interaction with clients and event participants)
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word, Excel, and Access)
- Flexibility to work evening hours on occasion
- Willingness to travel occasionally, typically within the United States
- Reliable transportation to support occasional meetings within Massachusetts (your own vehicle or access to rideshare)
Ideal Candidates will have:
- The ideal applicant will have a bachelor’s degree and at least two to three years of relevant experience, but we’re willing to train the right candidate
- We are particularly interested in candidates who offer a versatile mix of skills
- Please indicate in your cover letter if you have skills and experience in any of the following areas:
- Certified Government Meeting Professional
- Familiarity with government contracting requirements
- Fluency (written or verbal) in other languages, especially Spanish
- Data entry, bookkeeping, or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development
$50,000 - $55,000 a year
ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) profit sharing plan, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. The salary range for all positions depends on the years and type of experience.
ERG is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable EEOC and affirmative action regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. As such, successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams.
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is https://www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Skype, Teams, GoToMeeting, or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer might be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before providing confidential personal information associated with new employment.
If you’re a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or call (781) 674-7293.
As ERG is a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment and has clients who are committed to making the world a better place, ERGers are incredibly dedicated. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, the partnerships we foster, and the culture we value both within and outside of our organization.