Medical Laboratory Scientist I
Monday to Friday
Are you intrigued by the science of the human body? Curious about state-of-the-art laboratory instrumentation? Looking to join a Fortune 500 company leading the world in providing diagnostic information services? Quest Diagnostics is now recruiting for technologist positions ranging from entry level to experienced, with a wide range of benefits and training!
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- 15 PTO days first year
- 7 Paid Holidays!
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures.
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
Qualifications - Education:
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493
1-year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.