Medical Cannabis Educator
Reporting to Senior Team Lead/Manager of Clinical Operations Canadian Cannabis Clinic educators provide ongoing education and support of medical cannabis patients from across the country. Our services are offered at no cost to the patient, and range from educating patients on strain selection and Canadian medical cannabis laws and regulations, to administrative support by registering patients with Licensed Cultivators. Educators offer instruction on the safe and proper ways to purchase, use and store their cannabis, as well as provide additional resources to the patient to further their cannabis knowledge.
Location: London, Kitchener, Missisauga, ON and Edmonton, AB positions available.
- Vetting medical documents and referrals
- Maintain patient; files, records, and other information
- Work with physicians to develop appropriate treatment plans and identify patient therapy goals
- Provide education and information to patients about medical cannabis
- Prepare registration packages for Health Canada authorized Licensed Cultivators
- Provide patient education and instruction regarding consumption methods
- Stay up-to-date on current cannabis news, laws and regulations
- Senior Manager of Clinical Operations
- Senior Team Leads
- Training and Development Specialist
- Inbound Team Lead
- Clinical/Virtual Teammates
- Management team
- Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Patients and Families
- Health Care Providers
- Patient Advocacy Groups
- Licensed Cultivators
Job Specifications/Preferred Skills
- Resides within proximity to regional territory
- Owns personal vehicle with valid provincial driver’s license
- Ability to use a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion in working with others
- Must be team-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills, with special consideration to time and clinic operations
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles
- Strong document management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications, and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- A professional office demeanor including phone etiquette and business communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
Problem Solving/ Analytical Skills
- Demonstrated ability to make quick decisions and solve tough problems
- Works well independently, can manage multiple priorities, and is solutions oriented and proactive
- Must be detail-oriented
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.