Multiplatform Media Strategy at Univision is looking for a Media Planner to join our team!
The mission of the Multiplatform Media Planning team is to drive strategy across all our marketing touchpoints including TV, radio, digital, off-air, local & consumer engagement. We are a data-driven department that elevates & expands the brand through effective measurement and agile marketing. We also happen to be a fun bunch who are deeply passionate and strive to continually innovate, grow our business, and bring excellence to all that we do!
As a Media Planner, you will contribute to the overall performance of the network by creating and implementing strategic media plans to reach our Hispanic audience. You will be an active contributor in daily promotional coordination and effective log completion.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced working environment and can manage frequent changes in priorities with ease. You will develop an in-depth understanding of Univision’s media platforms to help drive the strategy and operations of the team. The ideal candidate is passionate and has a curiosity for television, both happenings in the industry and TV shows themselves.
YOUR DAY-DAY: (aka Responsibilities)
- Work with management to develop and execute strategy for promotional campaigns
- Responsible for advanced planning in a quarterly and weekly basis as well as daily optimization for air.
- Ensure that optimized inventory is meeting goals against benchmarks (GRPs, reach & frequency, priority levels) to ensure strategies are implemented and overall network vision is achieved
- Effective communication with Programming, Production, Agency, Traffic, Art Department as well as other internal partners to ensure smooth daily operations including asset delivery, scheduling, work orders, post campaign reporting, etc.
- Keep abreast of all campaign status, programming changes, and marketing calendar
- Work closely with Research, Ad Sales, Programming/Production and Traffic teams to maximize linear inventory by creating competitive program formats and ensuring optimal viewer experience
- Contribute to weekly team meetings with creative team where campaign priorities and strategies are discussed
- Take part of 360 team meetings where ideation and brainstorming take place for upcoming premieres
- Analyze ratings and competitive landscape to boost strategies
- Review weekly priorities for all nets with Management
- Bring fresh ideas and creative energy to each project
YOU HAVE: (aka Qualifications)
- 2+ years’ experience in media, marketing, advertising, programming, or promotions with knowledge of US Hispanic market.
- Understand the changing media landscape and consumer behavior.
- Knowledge in marketing campaign management: planning, executing and measurement
- Must have analytical skill set, comprehension of media metrics, Nielsen and/or Ibope ratings system, Grip It! Optimizer Tool
- Knowledge of broadcast graphics playout system (i.e Miranda Grass Valley, Pixel Power)
- Knowledge of WideOrbit Traffic scheduling systems a plus
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Has a working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software as well as excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with production and/or traffic environment a plus
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.