The Media & Channel Team at Whole Foods Market is excited to hire a Media Planner to its growing team. The Media Planner is responsible for bringing program strategy to life across paid channels, introducing new innovative ideas, and collaborating with cross functional leads and our Agency partners to determine paid media’s role in our marketing plans. Ideal candidates are strategic and analytic thinkers, have a strong foundation across all channels with extensive experience in digital and paid social, and have a passion for food and impacting the community around them.
**This position is based in Austin, Texas and will require 50% of your time in our downtown HQ office (550 Bowie St).
- Sits on Paid Media Team and partners with global and regional marketing teams to define goals and initiate strategic paid media efforts, aligning with cross-channel marketing communications
- Author multiple documents relating to media planning recommendation, innovation and optimization, including strategy, roadmap, and measurement to leadership on the best media mix to achieve your goals.
- Assist in developing and activating integrated marketing plans across customer touchpoints, including but not limited to: audio, digital, mobile, paid social, digital video, etc.
- Partner with Enterprise Analytics and Consumer Insights to inform recommendations and decisions
- Collaborate on omni-channel planning, aligning media efforts with social, Email, web, app, in-store and onsite activations
- Identify, communicate, manage, collect and proof creative assets to fulfill media plans including images, videos, copy, links, tracking tags, etc.
- Create and improve internal processes, resources and toolkits
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
- 3+ years’ marketing experience in paid media-related role
- Experience in Retail, Food & Bev or CPG desired
- Must have experience planning and/or buying (both preferred) of traditional and/or digital mediums (both preferred).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
- Proficiency with Facebook Ads Manager, Audience Insights and Google Analytics
- Ability to translate detailed media plans into summary overviews for internal partners
- Experience managing optimizations across channels, targeting and messaging
- Ability to extract key actionable insights from various data points, including and beyond paid media
- Passion for keeping abreast of new trends in digital and social media
- Passion for proactive planning of details & timelines, paired with comfort operating at the speed of retail and managing quick changes
- Tireless relationship and consensus builder
- Resourceful self-starter comfortable with ambiguity
- Energetic, friendly, and self-motivated attitude
- A good sense of humor
- Enthusiastic ambassador of Whole Foods Market with an understanding of and appreciation for our mission and culture
- Requires travel approximately 5-10%, as needed
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.