The media and advertising analyst is responsible for the performance analytics for Carnival’s media and advertising campaigns and programs. This includes but is not limited to online/digital, pay-for-performance and offline/traditional media (i.e., radio, TV, out-of-home) paid placements. The position also collaborates with stakeholders to create testing plans and optimized outcomes. Candidates must understand DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM)/Google Campaign Manager (GCM) as well as be efficient using Tableau to effectively evaluate program performance and craft story telling reports with added variables from the company’s proprietary data warehouse. The ideal candidate is online and offline media knowledgeable, data-driven, technology-oriented, and of course fun! This person will be evaluating both media campaigns as well as creative advertising campaigns and will need to be able to understand and express how both channels work hand in hand and/or affect each other. You'll have a passion for traditional, digital, and emerging media and be naturally curious to discover actionable insights. This role works cross-functionally with media, marketing, and business intelligence team members, as well as ad agencies, to drive brand awareness, brand consideration and Carnival cruise bookings.
- Evaluate and analyze media and advertising performance
- Report and deliver insights leading to media and advertising optimizations
- Work with media and advertising agency to identify opportunities to optimize media partners, targets and tactics
- Lead analysis for creative messaging performance and deliver reports
- Partner with advertising team to understand what messaging tactics and executions are working best and make adjustments as necessary
- Responsible for managing and developing strategic testing plans and appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) for campaigns while ensuring that set KPIs are delivered against
- Collaborate with tagging management and other teams to ensure appropriate media tagging (including DMP), tracking, creative dynamic data feeds are working properly and note affecting reporting
- Liaise with social team to understand effects of social chatter on paid media/advertising and vice versa
- Make recommendations for changes based on findings
- Execute reporting on regional media and advertising performance for key markets
- Less than 25% non-shipboard travel likely
- Bachelor’s Degree, Marketing, Statistics
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing utilizing technology and marketing analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (expert in Excel), Site Catalyst (or similar), Tableau, SQL, Tealium, DFA, DMP, Tableau as well as Google Analytics 360 and Google Campaign Manager
- Must have clear understanding of site tagging
- Experience in online advertising/media, channel marketing, off-line advertising/media and/or consulting
- Proven track record of communicating actionable insights verbally and in writing
- The ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment is critical
- Exhibit enthusiasm, passion, creativity and commitment
The range for this role’s base salary is $51,600 - $75,300.Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus