Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern
NokiaMountain View, CA3 months ago
We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Lab,we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries.
Come create the technology to connect the world.
Join the team that's transforming the way the world communicates!
At this location we design, build and test multiple Terabit digital telecom switches/networks. We are widely recognized throughout the industry as the world’s leader in providing ultra-high speed digital networking capabilities.
Hardware development of ultra-high speed telecommunications equipment.
These positions are for a Summer Internship 2021 ( June-August) for college level students studying Electrical Engineering, both under-grad and post-grad students are eligible. The goal is to provide students with hands-on real world experience in an established engineering environment and also as a possible recruiting tool for future hires.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Candidates will work closely with principle designers to evaluate new designs, to help bring-up and debug prototypes.
- Candidate will document all work and make recommendations of design improvements on an as needed basis.
- Assist designers with all phases of development of prototype mechanical chassis , PCB sheetmetal, fixtures and including documentation and form/fit verification.
- Candidate will be expected to become familar with the lastest Mechinical CAD software applications as it applies to our product line.
- Candidate will assemble complex prototype products and take precise mearsurements to assure exacting specifications.
- Candidate will assembly complex products and take precise measurements to assure exacting specifications
- Candidate will be expected to become familiar and proficient with the latest CAD software as it pertains to our product line.
- Education i.e. Bachelors, Masters etc.
- Desired:Students with Engineering Major
- Preferred:Electrical Engineering.
- Essential:Basis understanding of digital test and measurement equipment (Oscilloscopes, meters, etc) and general hand tools used in a engineering lab environment. A willingness to take on any engineering tasks assigned.
- Must be pursuing a bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.Able to work from the Mountain View, CA office.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.