Mechanical Design Engineer II
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Mechanical Products Team (MPT) Ground Launched Effectors Department is currently searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer II to work on a multi-discipline team to assist in the design of Ground Launched Effectors products and subsystems utilizing 3D parametric models and drawings.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Responsibilities may include concept development, detailed design, analysis, integration and test, support of transition to production efforts, and product improvement.
- Additional duties may include factory production line support in the areas of root cause and corrective action and problem resolution at various suppliers.
- You will work closely with Integrated Product Team Leads/Program Managers to ensure that engineering requirements are defined, risks are managed, and schedules/budgets are met.
- You will work within the process to ensure Technical Data Package quality.
- You will work under supervision of senior Mechanical Engineering staff, while exercising responsibility in determining and meeting the technical, financial and schedule objectives of projects.
- Decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification analysis reports as well as presenting to a variety of Engineering Review Boards.
- Work on complex mechanical design problems and providing solutions
- Technical execution of tasks
- 3D Parametric modeling
- Communication of technical information by way of presentations and other means
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar Engineering discipline
- Two (2) years of directly related work experience in mechanical design and design documentation
- Experience in 3D CAD tools (modeling and drawing)
- Academic or professional experience in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Four (4) years of professional experience related to mechanical design and documentation in Aerospace & Defense industry
- Advanced degree in Engineering discipline
- Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work in teams or independently, flexible, demonstrates initiative
- Experience in mechanical sub-systems packaging, materials, thermal, structural analysis, energetics principles, control systems, interconnect, airframe, or large assembly development
- Proficient in Creo (modeling and drawing) and Windchill (PDM)
- Business acumen
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Active DoD issued security clearance
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.