Marketing & Trade Show Coordinator
Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401(k) program - up to 7% company contribution and 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
- Hybrid working environment
The Trade Show Coordinator will be responsible for the successful execution of tradeshows and other customer and internal company events at Thales Defense & Security, Inc. and our subsidiaries.
- Partner with business and functional leads to successfully execute trade shows, customer and internal company events.
- Coordinates logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Procures and coordinates vendor services. Coordinates facility, exhibit set-up, equipment and catering requirements.
- Manages the delivery of equipment to and from shows and events.
- Provides on-site event support. May research potential event locations and evaluate alternatives.
- Keeps updated trade show schedules and budgets – inclusive of event, vendors and travel expenses.
- This is mainly Diane. Lisa could assist with some of the logistics like setting up meetings, dissemination to stakeholders, etc. but Diane and Luci would be the main focus for writing content (Luci) and design (Diane). This is what Diane does.Keep track of all Corporate memberships.
- Ownership of the company’s promotional inventory.
- Related marketing and communications assignments and projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential responsibilities required satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements and Skills:
- US Citizenship required - Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Marketing Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years related business experience
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be able to engage effectively w/customers, visitors to booths/events, all levels of organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
- This role requires local and domestic business travel to shows.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7544.