Marketing Team Leader
Patagonia provides employees with a robust benefits package (unique to each role) that may include environmental internships, free health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, an alternative commute reimbursement program, leaves of absence, employee discounts, complimentary product, 401k match and much more.
Who You Are
Our stores are intended to be gifts to the community. As the Retail Marketing Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading the events programming, social media and local email marketing for the store. Your energy and passion for the local community help set the tone for all store employees, encouraging a team approach to retail marketing.
In addition, you perform the duties of our Retail Team Leader: You maintain an environment that promotes employee learning and customer service through encouragement and coaching. You help to identify the priorities of each day, delegate necessary tasks and train Customer Experience Guides. You partner with the Retail Store General Manager and Retail Assistant Store Manager to ensure operational and brand objectives are met even in their absence.
YOU ARE AN ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST
- You support the Activism Team Lead in achieving all Activism requirements of the Retail Community Engagement Program.
- You look for opportunities to include Activism within your retail marketing efforts, including but not limited to events and social media.
- You utilize all allotted environmental activism hours.
- You facilitate and encourage activism for team members.
YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT BOUND BY CONVENTION
- You empower the staff to offer outstanding service through consistent personal examples and encouragement.
- You offer proactive coaching (both constructive and complimentary) to continually elevate customer service.
YOU ARE ACTION-ORIENTED, TAKE INITIATIVE AND DELEGATE
- You partner with the In-Store Visual Merchandiser or Visual Team Lead to identify and execute regular priorities.
- You ensure optimal inventory levels on the sales floor.
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT COMMUNITY BUILDING
- You ensure all marketing components of the Community Engagement Program are fulfilled by your store team, including, but not limited to:
- Events: Creatively plan and execute events that include a wide range of subjects.
- Store Newsletters: Build and send monthly newsletters to your store community that include event and activism opportunities.
- Instagram: Maintain a consistent, locally relevant and engaging Instagram account, while following Marketing’s Instagram calendar.
- Sport: Identify ways to engage with local sport communities through both events and social media.
- Community Building: You are a creative thinker and inspired to come up with new ways to broaden your store’s community.
- Seasonal planning: You submit a seasonal events plan for your store to the Marketplace Experiences team twice a year.
- Marketing Campaigns: You collaborate with your Retail Team Lead Partners to educate your team on Patagonia brand marketing campaigns.
- You include the store team in ideating for events, social media and marketing, encouraging new ideas from all employees.
- Supports larger marketing and environmental needs as appropriate.
YOU LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND ACTIVELY COACH
- You lead by example and inspire your team to live Patagonia’s mission, both in the store and in the community.
- You serve as a role model and coach for the team by identifying and delegating daily priorities of your store's Community Engagement Program.
- You value and enjoy team-based ideation and problem solving.
- You maintain positive relationships with management, team members and store partners.
- You keep lines of communication open among management and team members by ensuring that expectations are upheld, and objectives are met.
- You identify growth opportunities for team members within the Community Engagement Program and partner with management to address them.
YOU VALUE AND DEMONSTRATE QUALITY IN ALL THAT YOU DO
- You ensure the safety and well-being of all customers and employees.
- You assist management in the hiring of people who pursue passions that are related to our products and philosophy.
YOU ARE A LIFE-LONG LEARNER
- You demonstrate initiative and seek opportunities to grow your own skills.
- You welcome feedback and you grow from it.
- You assist in training and development of all team members and foster an environment of continued learning.
YOU CONSISTENTLY EXECUTE ALL DUTIES OF A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE GUIDE
When not scheduled for marketing duties, the balance of weekly hours will be scheduled as a Team Leader or Customer Experience Specialist.
WHO WE ARE:
“We’re in business to save our home planet.”
Build the Best Product
In retail, our best product is the world-class service we offer our customers. We create amazing and memorable experiences that leave our customers feeling stoked.
Cause No Unnecessary Harm
Our stores are intended to be gifts to the community. We renovate old buildings into storefronts using low-impact practices and materials. In addition, our retail stores, working with our Worn Wear program, extend the life of customers’ old gear by repairing, reselling or recycling it.
Use Business to Protect Nature
Our stores serve their communities. We strive for deep connections to the people, places, and issues that are relevant there. We are vocal activists for protecting outdoor spaces. Our stores support local environmental groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events that provide a platform to share and engage in activism.
Not Bound by Convention
Retail changes every day. We welcome and embrace change as it inspires us to create new ways to serve our customers. Every retail employee is empowered to make autonomous decisions in line with our mission and values.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We look for candidates with proven service experience who thrive in a team-based atmosphere. We’re seeking people who are passionate about their communities, the environment and caring for others. We need people who appreciate our core sports. Folks who deal well with ambiguity, learn on the fly, demonstrate sound judgment and solve problems creatively are most successful with us. We’re looking for someone who builds and maintains relationships with ease and desires to put the customer at the center of everything they do.
- Engaged in your local community, consistently working to create partnerships and foster relationships.
- Experience in planning and executing events.
- Experience with Instagram.
- Demonstrate an approachable leadership presence and can prioritize, delegate and coach a team.
- Excited to uncover and foster the development of team members for the betterment of the business.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
- Able to focus on this work in dynamic store environments.
Our stores are open seven days a week. The number of scheduled hours per week varies. You must have availability in alignment with the needs of the business which could range from weekday and weekend availability including both opening and closing shifts. As the business allows, a minimum of 8 hours per week spent working on marketing tasks.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with coworkers, customers and vendors.
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Patagonia requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.