Marketing Specialist (Intern)
What You’ll Do
- Leverage and expand your marketing and communications skills by completing a 12-week internship in a fast-paced, dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Gain insight into how a large, global marketing organization functions
- Engage in a variety of development opportunities, networking events, volunteer and social activities throughout the summer
- Internship assignments will be based on your educational background, skills, aspirations, and interests
Who You’ll Work With
Challenge yourself and discover the career path in Marketing that you’re passionate about! Identify business issues and collaborate with intern cohorts and Cisco leadership to develop a project plan. Partner with an experienced mentor. Communicate with Cisco Marketing leaders and work in areas such as brand, product, communications, public relations, social media, operations and/or market research. Learn the foundations of marketing and use those skills to help influence the trajectory of your career.
Who You Are
- Including but not limited to an upcoming graduate of a certification program from a Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, language skills beyond English are a plus
- Influence outcomes and empower others to collaborate towards action
- Proven interest in marketing – internship, coursework or work experience
- Detail oriented, agile, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills, creatively tackle complex problems, and build rapport amongst team members
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.