Aniplex of America Inc. is part of the Sony Group and a subsidiary of Aniplex Inc. (Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan), specializing in premium anime content, localization, merchandising, and distribution in the U.S. Aniplex of America is known for our high quality shows with an ever-expanding catalogue that includes Fullmetal Alchemist, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, KILL la KILL, Gurren Lagann, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fate, Sword Art Online, as well as mobile games Fate/Grand Order and Disney Twisted-Wonderland.
If you are a social media connoisseur, love planning events, and a fan of anime, we want to hear from you!
The position has a HYBRID office/remote schedule. Employees are expected to report to the office at least twice a week.
Aniplex of America is looking for a passionate and creative Marketing Specialist to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. Whether through live events, collaborating with brands, or a simple social media post, we find creative and dynamic ways to promote our properties.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing day-to-day content creation for organic social media, as well as organizing and keeping track of creative assets and approvals. The Marketing Specialist will support the Events Team in planning screenings or panels at conventions, including writing scripts, making graphics, and gathering AV assets.
The ideal candidate is a strong team player with a passion for anime, possesses excellent copywriting and public speaking skills, as well as a strong understanding of all digital and emerging platforms.
- Responsible for day-to-day programming of social content across platforms.
- Manage assets and review guidelines from creators and committees to route approvals and clearly communicate feedback to ensure content meets standards.
- Assist with marketing events, including writing scripts, coordinating with vendors or agencies, and preparing presentations.
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns for seasonal and legacy shows or new product releases.
- Effectively communicate with external partners to ensure creatives or campaigns are within the brand tone and positioning of title.
- Maintain marketing calendar for multiple shows and stay on top of production schedule to work with various departments for asset creation or announcement timing that align with overall marketing initiatives.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Create digital content that falls in line with creative guidelines and brand tone.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in social/digital marketing, ideally working in an entertainment brand/streaming setting
- 2+ years of experience with print and digital advertising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, etc.
- Proficient in Google Workspace: Calendar, Drive, Forms, Sheets, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tiktok, and other emerging social media platforms and best practices.
- Strong copy writing and creative writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners across various teams
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable with public speaking.
- Passionate about digital media and social platforms.
- Superior organizational and attention to detail skills required.
- Be self-motivated, self-starter, confident, organized, and creative.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Graphic design and video editing experience is a plus.
- Japanese-English Bilingual skill is a plus.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, this position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.