Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the BMO Sponsor team through the development of marketing and sales materials, including league table reporting, to be shared externally with clients, prospects and marketing publications.
- Assist with a variety of critical data management and analytic activities, including qualitative and quantitative analysis of credit and portfolio metrics, for BMO Sponsor Finance portfolio
- Work directly with BMO Sponsor Finance Group Head to assist in monitoring and reporting new business wins and portfolio performance on a regular basis
- Facilitate reporting process, including navigation of CRM systems and coordination with BMO Sponsor Finance team members and other areas of BMO Financial Group
- Contribute to ad hoc projects related to the management of the BMO Sponsor Finance marketing outreach, including oversight of large and targeted client marketing events
- Residing in the Chicago area
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with financial or credit transactions
- Proficiency with Salesforce/CRM database
- Proven modeling and presentation development skills
- Strong time management and ability to handle multiple projects / tasks
- Business / Accounting / Finance / Economics / Marketing degree preferred
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.5
Compensation and Benefits:
$37,800.00 - $54,000.00The base salary represents BMO Financial Group’s hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked.
Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group’s total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.