Marketing/Proposal Specialist II
Michael Baker International is seeking an energetic leader to work collaboratively with technical leads to prepare winning proposals and presentations. The Marketing/Proposal Specialist will partner with Capture Managers to jointly lead the development of proposals and interviews within the company’s best practices framework. The ideal candidate is equal parts creative and organized and possesses project management, writing, and page layout skills. He/she is skilled in working with a team to formulate a pursuit’s strategic messages. A successful Marketing/Proposal Specialist has leadership qualities and demonstrates a collaborative mindset, superior communication skills, problem solving ability, organizational skills, and transparency. He/she is a strategic thinker and pushes the status quo for continuous improvement. This position is fully remote.
They will manage proposal development efforts with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Facilitate kick off meetings that define expectations.
- Identify tasks, assign responsibilities, and develop and manage adherence to proposal schedule.
- Facilitate strategy discussion and collaborate with team to develop strategy and win themes.
- Schedule and facilitate proposal review meetings.
- Develop page layout and manage proposal documents.
- Lead the team in the development of visual and written content for proposals; draft and/or edit proposal narrative as necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate status with the proposal team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 6-10 years of experience in the planning, preparation, and development of architectural and engineering proposals and qualifications packages for government and private clients.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to focus on details and on the big picture.
- Organizational conceptual thinking skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Time management skills; ability to manage, organize, and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and document organization skills.
- Familiarity with the AEC industry.
- Familiarity with regional and local proposal submission requirements.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with proposal database software Deltek Vision is preferred but not required.
The salary range for this position is $63,712 - $132,763. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. In addition, you may be subject to current or future state or local COVID-19 vaccine mandates that could become a condition of your employment based upon your work location or involvement on a project. Accordingly, Michael Baker encourages you to provide satisfactory proof that you are "fully vaccinated" for COVID-19 so as to ensure compliance with any potential applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.