Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons and much more. In select international markets, it also includes the general entertainment content brand, Star. The flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ offers an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney’s long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service, as part of the Disney Bundle in the U.S. that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, or as part of Combo+ in Latin America with Star+, the standalone general entertainment and sports streaming service in the region. For more, visit disneyplus.com, or find the Disney+ app on most mobile and connected TV devices.
The Growth Marketing team is tasked with driving new subscriber acquisition & driving Disney Streaming’s profitability business objectives for Disney+ and The Disney Bundle. The team is responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel.
The Growth Marketing team is seeking a Manager who will join our New York City Marketing Performance and Analysis team and collaborate closely with Analytics, Finance, and Paid Media teams to deliver planning, execution, and optimization of paid media marketing plans across domestic and international territories.
Candidates will need to distill business trends and performance indicators into decisions that drive marketing investment. The ideal candidate has deep expertise in digital performance marketing channels and knows about respective levers to pull back or push performance. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, cross-channel, and seasoned planning skillset to the role.
The role will include assessing factors impacting resource allocations around the globe and considering which countries and digital channels should have heavier investment versus less.
We are looking for a detail-oriented candidate with a strong analytical and reporting background, and experience in direct-to-consumer digital marketing. The individual should have some experience in financial modeling and have experience in defining and automating data-driven decision making.
The pace and cadence for change at DSS necessitates an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and work with speed.
- Partner closely with global leads on paid media planning and initiatives
- Work closely with global teams as well as digital channel leads on paid media planning, forecasting, and monitoring of country specific goals
- Ensure country level support of paid media strategy across existing channels (i.e. Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic Display, Audio, Video)
- Create bottoms up performance marketing budget and forecasting processes for assigned region(s)
- Work with paid media team members to collect performance information, strategic recommendations, and provide a cross-channel viewpoint
- Coordinate key media partners to develop regular business reviews with global teams
- Work in tandem with paid media execution team to ensure optimizations & learnings are being communicated to regional teams
- Develop and lead regular cadence meetings with regional leads to provide latest performance information and educate on paid media tactics and strategies
- Work closely with local market teams on region specific challenges & have strong knowledge base of region (holidays, local media platforms, etc.)
- Identify, prioritize, and articulate paid media campaigns and initiatives
- Support implementation and execution of marketing mix model results
- Support channel and vendor-level tracking, monitoring, and reporting of marketing KPIs (conversion rates, CPA, retention, LTV, etc.) to help guide ongoing marketing tactics for the team.
- Act as key point of contact within Growth Marketing for any questions regarding paid media planning and spend pacing for assigned region(s)
- Support business case calculations for investment in- and decreases. Communicate and collaborate cross-functional ensure transparency and alignment.
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, etc.) that effectively communicate financial projections, drivers, marketing performance, risks and opportunities to leadership.
- Coordinate with key media partners to develop regular business reviews (i.e. Google, Meta, Snapchat, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in performance marketing, marketing planning, financial analysis or growth marketing analytics
- Experience working in a DTC environment
- Experience in consulting and streaming business highly preferred
- Experience with subscription services highly preferred
- Experience with paid media planning; performance marketing platforms
- Excellent modelling skills with a special talent to defend model assumptions
- Comprehensive in-platform knowledge of programmatic buying, audience creation, campaign management and in-platform optimization techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and methodology (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences
- Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Business or related field
The hiring range for this position in New York City is $97,170 to $130,350 per year and in Los Angeles, CA is $92,742 to $124,410 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.