Marketing & Merchandising Analyst
Based in Alliance, OH, Coastal Pet Products, Inc. has been a family-owned American manufacturer since 1968. We are a leader in the pet industry with an unwavering commitment to innovation, safety, and quality. We design and deliver quality products that people trust for the dogs and cats they love. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage associates to excel and grow professionally.
At Coastal Pet, we value people as the source of our strength, and we appreciate your interest in our company. If you want to join a team that works each day to live out our passion for pets, people, and progress, then please apply for this great opportunity. Coastal Pet Products, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Marketing & Merchandising Analyst is responsible for the collecting and reporting internal, customer, consumer, and trend information on our products to monitor and summarize growth in the market. This includes supporting key account initiatives through industry research, retail pricing comparisons and assisting in the establishment of goals and programs to grow market share.
- Conducts and reports on analysis (e.g. Extra Measure of Margin, Red-Yellow-Green, etc.) for key accounts in support of ongoing business initiatives. Communicates results and recommendations to Sales and Marketing to make informed business decisions. Ensures confidential information is not communicated outside the company.
- Using sales analysis and benchmarking, assists Sales, Product Development and Merchandising in determining product trends for account reviews, product development and merchandising initiatives.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and presents findings on product portfolio performance, new item performance and GMROI. These include, but are not limited to, brand/product performance and product category performance to budget and to plan.
- Coordinates and collects competitive information including pricing, packaging, merchandising, and selling features. Provides the necessary analytics to assist in developing internal pricing, promotions, and product development efforts.
- Assists with planogram requests, product racking development, maintenance and heat mapping analysis.
- Collects and analyzes SKU sales performance reports by customer for quarterly dashboards and communicates trends in data.
- Grow Coastal Pet’s consumer survey platform, Vox Capio, with the goal of data optimization. Report findings on collected surveys.
- Work with Category Managers on managing the lifecycle of our products and make recommendations for SKU rationalization.
- Aid in facilitating the annual discontinued product process in accordance with Marketing Manager and Category Managers.
- Oversee consumer/customer intimacy and competitive intelligence activities for a thorough understanding of the client and competitive landscape to recommend product development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field. Six years of relevant experience required in lieu of degree.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables, data analysis, advanced formatting, and analysis tools. This is a highly analytical role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in verbal, written and presentation and have computer literacy in the Microsoft suite.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and exhibit good technical and problem-solving techniques.
- Business Insight
- Customer Focused
- Decision Quality
- Action Oriented
- Optimizes Processes
- Communicates Effectively
- Analytical Thinking
- Being Resilient
- Strategic Mindset
This description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions for the job identified for the purpose of job evaluations. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall it be construed as giving an exclusive title to every function described.
This is an exempt position. General requirements of this position include, but are not limited to, regular attendance and the willingness and ability to work more than the regularly scheduled 40-hour workweek when requested by management.