Manages the day-to-day activities and develops the overall competence and performance of the marketing workforce through delegation of work and focus on management activities including recruiting, selecting, training, motivating, rewarding, coaching, managing conflict, and generally managing the performance of marketing executives. Analyzes data and reports in order to monitor tour flow and team/unit performance. Develops, recommends, and implements solutions to increase the number of tours generated. Builds and maintains relationships with sales management and the sales force. Communicates marketing strategies and solutions to the sales force.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED, or 2 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in reading and writing English (additional language required for certain positions)
- EST Time zone Preferred
- Digital Marketing Exp Preferred
- Lead Generation and media Exp Preferred
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Work in close contact with the general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrate openness to adapt to different cultural contexts based on location
- Travel 20% to 50% of the time
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Developing & Executing Marketing Strategy
- Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations, site goals, and forecasts for appropriate activities.
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
- Coordinate with marketing operations and other site marketing programs on new initiatives to increase production in channels.
- Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted numbers.
- Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations and implement solutions.
Maintaining, Analyzing, & Communicating Key Reports
- Use reports on individual and team production performance (e.g., Confirmations-Experiences per guest, volume-per-guest [VPG], close rate, employee satisfaction, Regional Customer Experience Report, Site Daily Flash).
Managing Relationships External to Marketing
- Build and maintain relationships between sales management and the marketing department to ensure there is a clear understanding of eligibility requirements or details of participation for generating tours.
- Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
- Build partnerships with resort operations, hotel linkage, OPC vendors, etc, where applicable.
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
- Prepare for and conduct team meetings.
- Measure the performance of marketing executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable. - Importance to My Job
- Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
- Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g., way-to-go letters, personal bests, top three per channel, top VPG, attendance, special contribution, top three total packages).
- Motivate associates to increase production and performance (e.g., through contests, Special Performance Incentive Funds [SPIFs], motivational e-letters).
- Observe and identify associate areas of strength and development opportunities (e.g., through ride-alongs, shadowing, monitoring).
- Provide on-call support to associates when not on site.
- Seek and review sales and marketing best practices/publications and use this information to train/coach associates to increase production.
- Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create individual development plans, career paths, and promotion development plans.
- Manage associate performance, developing performance plans for associates below expectation (progressive discipline).
- Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work related) brought forth by team associates.
- Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g., within marketing teams, between marketing and sales teams).
- Monitor standard practices and develop amendments to standard practices as needed.
- Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
- Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow, lead distribution, reward, recognition, and discipline.
- Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for conducting business (e.g., Flight Plans, Local Standard Operating Procedures).
- Participate in selection processes (e.g., interviewing).
- Develop compensation plans for marketing teams that maximize production.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing activity (e.g., state marketing matrix, national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
- Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
- Order, stock, track, and replenish all marketing collateral and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing the organization in alignment with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Driving for Results - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathering information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizing and arranging work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions.
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting associates with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Organizational Talent and Capability
- Organizational Capability - Understanding and leveraging associate talent and capabilities to meet work needs; supporting the attraction, selection, and/or retention of associates in order to achieve department and business objectives. Diagnoses capability needs; recruits and evaluates potential employees; emphasizes retention; champions talent management.
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeking out and making the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others. Actively seeks and participates in learning activities; gains knowledge, understanding, and skill; applies knowledge or skill; welcomes performance feedback.
- Business Acumen - Understanding and utilizing business information (e.g., Associate, Guest/Customer Satisfaction, Financial Performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies
- Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA, NGS, Delphi, Point of Sale, HR technology).
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Functional Job Family Competencies
- Sales Coaching - Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
- Sales and Marketing and Operations - Ability to understand the business needs and basic concepts of Sales and Marketing and Resort Operations in order to build a positive and collaborative working relationship.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture