This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Diabetes Care division. We believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
The MARKETING MANAGER, STRATEGY/PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT serves as a leader across relevant geographies and Marketing groups (i.e. US, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa, as appropriate) in the ongoing management of Abbott Diabetes Care’s product lines. This position supports US commercialization of new products, strategic planning and product launch. Key responsibilities include championing product development, formulating marketing and sales strategies, providing market support and successful execution of marketing programs. .
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Work with cross functional teams and Business Development to identify strategic partners, provide inputs from US perspective, help to complete agreements and successfully execute partnerships post-agreement.
- Champion product development initiatives and serve as the voice for the worldwide markets on product development teams.
- Identify and prioritize product development opportunities by working with customers, Area Marketing groups, R&D and internal departments.
- Drive the concept definition and product feasibility phases of the product development process.
- Understand and prioritize customer value concepts/needs and importance through primary and secondary market research, including one-on-one customer interviews, focus groups and web-based surveys. Work with R&D to translate customer requirements into product requirements and to assess potential tradeoffs.
- Define product strategy, including product profile, target product positioning, competitive position, pricing, branding, distribution, etc. Provide guidance on the development and maintenance of packaging and labeling.
THIS POSITION WILL TRAVEL 25-30%, WITH MOST OF THE TRAVEL BEING INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Six years marketing experience with a minimum of four years in a commercial role including, product marketing.
- Selfstarter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrates strong executive presence.
- Proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable working across functional areas (ex. R&D, Regulatory, Operations, etc.) and at varying levels of the organization.
- Previous experience with product development (preferably in a technology-driven business), marketing strategy, market research, business development and international business.
- Healthcare marketing experience is strongly preferred
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.