We are seeking a Marketing Director who will direct, guide and coach a team of analysts in support of our client sales groups. Your team will work with various groups across the company to generate awareness and strengthen our links to internal/external stakeholders through our media kit site, ideation, driving strategy by leveraging insights, data and content across all platforms.
- Manage and develop a team of marketing managers and designers
- Oversee marketing and asset creation of L.A. Times events
- Ability to lead brainstorm sessions through concepting & ideation, and custom ideas for advertisers & agencies while toggling between editorial programs and branded content.
- Develop and implement the California Times B2B Brand strategy
- Oversee the media kit
- Design and influence the creation of collateral
- Lead the strategy with cross-functional teams from idea inception to tactical execution
- Establish and launch the marketing strategy for new and existing products across all platforms
- Ensure direct reports are steeped in the assigned categories/verticals and serve as primary contact for all category collateral and packages. Be the direct link to sales and anticipate department needs & goals
- Review and confirm info on competitive activities, the market, products and turn that data into intelligence so another group within the company will benefit from it
- Oversee the creation of presentations, annual marketing reports, newsletters, RFP responses, etc.
- Understand the client’s industry and business to ensure we are bringing to our clients the best solutions and programs to increase revenue
- Lead high level client meetings
- 5-7 year of experience in marketing and long-range planning
- Expert understanding of fundamental marketing principles including online/digital and product development
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of digital advertising landscape is vital
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Proficiency in Photoshop, MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong research and analysis skills, with the ability to generate insights based on data
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to interface with internal staff, vendors and clients
- Strong management with the ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Tech savvy: Being able to figure out solutions on the fly
- Expert knowledge on research tools like Scarborough and ComScore
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date.
Thank you for your interest in joining our client marketing team at the Los Angeles Times! .
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.