San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma’s users, customers and employees are heavily international, and we’ve recently significantly increased our marketing efforts. As a result, we are looking for a self-starter to join our dynamic, tight-knit global team of legal professionals as Marketing Counsel. In this role you will be responsible for counseling our marketing teams and Figma’s trademark strategy (trademark filings are handled by outside counsel). As the first counsel in this role, you will also work to build out processes and procedures that allow you to scale as the company continues to grow.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Provide counseling for Figma’s marketing teams. Proactively identify legal risks associated with our marketing efforts and provide pragmatic advice to help our marketing teams manage legal requirements while achieving their business goals
- Manage Figma’s trademark portfolio; help set Figma’s trademark strategy in consultation with business partners
- Develop pragmatic solutions and risk mitigation approaches that balance legal and business objectives
- Work cross functionally as needed with marketing, sales ops, product managers, finance, operations, as well as other legal subject matter experts
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Licensed to practice law in the United States
- 5+ years (or more) experience advising SaaS companies on marketing matters, or equivalent experience. Trademark experience is a plus, but is not specifically required.
- In house experience required. Law-firm experience a plus, but not required.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear explanations to members of other teams, including senior management
- Ability to think creatively and effectively balancing legal constraints with business goals
- Collaborative approach, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Willingness to take on projects both large and small
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.