Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people, and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, a casual work environment, and many more...
We are seeking a bright, resourceful, and motivated individual with strong judgment, integrity, and a sense of humor to support the SVP of Marketing and Consumer Direct and broader Marketing and Consumer Direct teams.
The Marketing Coordinator will ensure the Marketing and Consumer Direct departments run effectively by managing some administrative tasks and coordinating various marketing and Consumer Direct related projects and programs.
The role requires attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, the ability to find solutions to problems, drive collaboration and juggle multiple requests. The right candidate will react with appropriate urgency, drive action in times of ambiguity, and proactively approach complex problems. This role would be ideal for an entry-level candidate seeking to gain a broad understanding of the Marketing and Consumer Direct functions before taking on a more specialized role.
What You Get to Do:
• Proactively manage and maintain the daily and long-term schedule of the SVP, including scheduling travel, managing calendar, and completing expense reports
• Anticipate follow-ups and proactively manage upcoming needs
• Communicate on behalf of the Marketing and Consumer Direct team with other departments and ensure the efficiency of the delivery of required/requested reports and information
• Assist with projects, including document and presentation preparation. Compile, edit, and proof materials as needed
• Manage overall team calendar, organize team outings, schedule team meetings. Source materials, create agendas, and anticipate topics as needed.
• Support the management of the department budget:
• Prepare PO’s and maintain records upon request
• Work with departmental budget managers to provide an accurate and updated monthly variance report for the finance team
• Set up and maintain department files on Microsoft One drive and Teams channels
• Partner with internal communication team to generate content as needed
• Assist the department with travel as needed
• Work with People and Culture on team training and recruitment. Organize onboarding of new employees
• Work with Legal on all new vendor paperwork and contracts
• Ensure operation and supplies of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary. Troubleshoot malfunction of office equipment
• Support Brand Marketing, Marketing Planning and Operations, and Consumer Direct teams with ad hoc projects as needed
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
• Well-developed skills and experience across: organization, planning, time management, problem-solving, detail orientation, professionalism, verbal/written communication, confidentiality, discretion, judgment, and technological savvy
• Demonstrate poise and tact under pressure
• Remain calm in ambiguous situations and under tight deadlines
• Work independently, multi-task
• Seek to creatively design, implement, or improve work processes and proactively resolve issues and conflicts
• Enjoy problem-solving, working collaboratively, and building effective working relationships
• Accept accountability for outcome and results, and to seek/act upon constructive feedback
• Experience with Microsoft Office 360 products (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience editing, formatting, and proofing documentation
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired generally be available during eastern time zone hours.