Marketing Content Manager
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. We are passionate about creating remarkable experiences with world-class hospitality while exposing our Owners and guests to the humble authenticity of every location that we call home.
Just north of Orlando, Winter Park, Florida, is an enchanting city known for its abundant outdoor spaces, quaint brick-lined streets with old-growth tree canopies, first-class shopping, and delectable dining. Our corporate headquarters manages, supports, and develops all Timbers properties around the globe. Our team embraces the year-round sunshine and warmth of Central Florida, drawing inspiration from our award-winning properties to infuse world-class hospitality, authenticity, and teamwork into everything we do.
Our Core Values:
We are in the business of creating an authentic sense of place for families to return to time and time again while committing ourselves to creating memorable and fun experiencers through passionate, attentive service. This mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in hospitality operations management, asset management, development, or sales & marketing.
Our values define who we are.
- Be Authentic
- Practice Humility
- Cultivate Teamwork
- Value Time
- Be Trustworthy
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and development
- Competitive pay
- Volunteer time
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Fun team building events
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
The Marketing Content Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day development and execution of content for our website and social media channels. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of editorial development and a deep knowledge of digital channels and their content requirements. The candidate must have strong writing skills and the ability to collaborate with directors/managers to develop relevant content associated with their respective areas.
This position requires a creative mind, the ability to be flexible in response to the constantly evolving world of social media and willingness to do hands-on work.
The position is also responsible for copy writing for a variety of media to include social, print, video and online while ensuring high editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. Position is based on-site at the corporate offices in Winter Park, FL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage content calendars and generate story ideas and content for multichannel marketing.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule based on analysis of peak web traffic and engagement patterns.
- Write and edit content features.
- Build a long-term social media strategy while staying on top of social media trends.
- Capture video content including interviewing co-workers, guests or VIPs. Editing video within iMovie or other similar editing tool.
- Collaborate with other departments’ subject matter experts to develop brand appropriate content for various areas of interest
- Collaborate with other marketing and PR functions to ensure alignment of editorial and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee management of conversations on our social media channels.
- Manage website to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date. This includes responding to requests from the resort’s various departments to update images, content and events as needed.
- Manage Google business listings and actively monitor review sites.
- Provide PR support, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related fields preferred
- Strong understanding or experience working with content management systems such as Sprout Social, Loomly, and Hootsuite.
- Proficiency with Mac/iOS, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
- Experience with HTML/CSS and website analytics using a variety of tools such as
Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong copywriting skills
- Experience working with digital video and photo editing tools.
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Outgoing and comfortable with interacting and interviewing people of various personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences.
- Ability to contribute individually, work with various specialized teams and collaborate with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience with demonstrated success writing blogs, creating custom content and managing social media communities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest) for brands is required.
- Enthusiastic, ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online conversations with our community.
- Experience in hotel/travel industry and/or luxury lifestyle sector preferred.
Start date January 2024