Marketing & Communications Manager, Strategic Events
ZoomDenver (CO)4 months ago
Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Marketing and Communications Manager, Events will be responsible for formulating and executing marketing campaigns for our annual user conference and global flagship event, Zoomtopia. This position is responsible for creating global event specific campaigns, managing the event registration system, driving attendance, and forecast progress to goal while providing reports and data to relevant teams for planning purposes.
This person will work closely with internal stakeholders across Marketing and Sales, specifically the customer marketing, communications team, and sales enablement.
What is Zoomtopia:
Zoomtopia is Zoom's annual user conference designed to celebrate our users from around the world and all those who share interest in the future of frictionless communications. Throughout the two day conference, we release Zoom’s vision of the future, latest product announcements, facilitate attendees to connect with like-minded peers from across the globe, discover solutions from our expansive partner ecosystem, uplevel their skills with specialized learning tracks, and be inspired by world-renowned speakers.
- Responsible for creating various campaigns across verticals, segments, and regions to drive registration to Zoomtopia and handle the reporting and analytics to measure growth.
- Owns relationship with registration partner, responsible for building out the questions and flow for the registration system.
- Reports weekly on the registration projection and status to Zoomtopia stakeholders.
- Create assets for sales enablement, sales, and CSMs to promote Zoomtopia to their customers and prospects. Introduce incentives for sales to drive registrations and invitations. Determine a way to track sign ups successfully.
- Be the voice for all general Zoomtopia and registration updates in sales all-hands and appropriate sales meetings.
- Responsible for writing all promotional materials for pre, during and post event. E.g., email copy, website copy, copywriting, version communications for different audiences, verticals, and partners.
- Define campaign objectives, target audiences, strategies/tactics, key messaging and assets, creative deliverables, timelines, and measurement; secure executive and regional support.
- Project manage content creation and drive collaboration of deliverables across various teams, including website, events, social, paid media, communications, operations and more.
- Work closely with marketing operations to ensure all tracking requirements are in place for necessary performance reporting for registration and lead capture.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to answer questions related to process, systems and data reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years of event marketing experience or experience running omni-channel marketing campaigns.
- Outstanding writing skills. Roughly 1/3 of your time will be spent originating, editing, or reviewing copy that will go into internal and external email communications, customer surveys, web pages, social posts, ad banners, videos, and more.
- Experience in video or web conferencing in the cloud preferred.
- Proficiency in SFDC, Pardot, Domo/Tableau, Google Analytics/Optimize.
- Strong program/project management skills a must.
- Phenomenal analytical skills and attention to detail. We will depend on you to analyze the available data from your digital campaigns in progress, from targeting to messaging and creative execution.
- Comfortable on video and presenting in webinars.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Experience communicating directly with sales orgs is a must.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-growth environment
- Strong project/people leadership skills; ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and self-prioritize workload.
- Must provide a writing portfolio to be considered.