Marketing Communications Manager
Get behind the magic!
This account will fall under the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture which promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
SodexoMAGIC is seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Manager for a K-12 Schools Account in the District of Columbia area. If you have experience with successfully presenting to C-Suite Level Leadership, developing marketing strategies, managing social media platforms and executing new concepts this position will be the perfect high-profile opportunity!
A strong emphasis will be placed on client and customer engagement, strengthening financial operations, growing customer participation, and expanding community partnerships. This position will work with regional leadership and operations teams to develop marketing strategies that provide a high level of service and innovation within the district.
Do you have the marketing skills to be able to provide fresh perspectives and new ideas? Are you a social media expert who can increase the account’s social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook? Can you help to increase community engagement and participation through marketing efforts?
The successful candidate will:
- Work with managers, clients, the District Manager and Vice President in all matters relating to marketing, to help establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship
- Be responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all marketing activities throughout the enterprise, through subordinate managers, supervisors and frontline employees.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 3-5 years relevant marketing and communications experience
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment as a leader, while enhancing the overall performance of the team and its members
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a highly matrixed environment; must have strong relationship building skills and have the ability to influence without direct authority
- Client relationship skills and the ability to quickly respond to client and management needs
- Must have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate a high level of detail orientation and the ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage workload
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic, creative thinker with strong analytical skills to synthesize complex data into actionable steps/initiatives
- Solid experience educating, developing and partnering with individuals at a variety of levels
- Ability to clearly communicate marketing objectives and execution plans to a variety of levels
- Must be comfortable with advanced functions of MS Office programs especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Contract food services experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred or equivalent experience
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in "quality of life solutions" around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin "Magic" Johnson himself click here
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
Promotes building awareness and positioning to protect the Sodexo brand image within North America. Finds ways to maximize the brand impact both internally and externally with all audiences (employees, clients, customers, influencers, and general public). Coordinates the development and distribution of corporate internal/external communication programs. Creates implements and manages diversity advertising budget, selects and manages diversity advertising agency (including negotiating rates and added value). Crafts appropriate messaging, look and feel for target audience(s). Liaise with Sodexo Alliance Corporate Communications on internal branding projects and initiatives.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience - 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.