Marketing Communications Manager
The Marketing Communications Manager will have experience to help develop and drive the success of the PEI Golf Division , with the dual goals of growing brand awareness & supporting sales success through social media, public relations, B2B Emails & marketing campaigns . This position will have a special emphasis on social media activation and messaging in both B2C and B2B channels . This position will work closely with the VP Marketing to develop/execute a Marketing Communications strategy that identifies and amplifies all key brand initiatives for all PEI Golf Brands, while collaborating closely with all VP Sales on B2B communications programs . They will be an effective advocate for the brands, specifically focused on social media initiatives and PR priorities, proactively seeking unique channels to generate brand exposure and support the sales team to grow the business.
- Create and implement integrated PEI Golf & Tennis marketing and communications programs with social media and PR focus across all six owned and licensed brands (estimated 35% OPG Sports, 35% Callaway, 30% Core Golf).
- Serve as a bridge between Marketing, Sales, E-comm Teams to develop and align social media strategy across key consumer and business social media platforms (ex. from Instagram to LinkedIn and all other relevant and emerging channels).
- Support VP of Marketing on all aspects of Omni-Channel marketing, with close collaboration to all VP Sales in PEI Golf wholesale sales organization.
- Work closely with Sales, Merchandise, Design and Licensing teams to ensure one global communication and marketing strategy.
- Work closely with Marketing and Creative teams in order to strategize and help to direct the brand’s image to ensure synergy in the execution of global and local campaigns.
- Create the seasonal US Marketing Communications calendars in close alignment with all omni-channel partners, including Sales, Merchandising, Wholesale and Licensing teams.
- Maintain clear lines of internal organization and communication with all cross-functional teams, and help with development of their skills and talents, sharing knowledge/insight.
- Utilize PEI technology and software tools to manage social media planning, execution and reporting with metrics to highlight performance.
- Oversee PR agency and ensure support of brand launches, press releases, media relations.
- Oversee the distribution and development of all brand communications locally and globally.
- Innovate new strategic thinking across multiple communication channels by digitizing PR activations, events & global campaigns, while integrating retail stores & wholesale partners.
- Drive 360’ storytelling by aligning allPEI Golf sales channels with communications plans.
- Develop and manage creative partnerships, sponsorships with other brands, opinion leaders.
- Liaison with agency partners for any US paid media plan, online media & OOH (limited).
Social Media & Influencer Relations:
- Launch, manage and curate new @originalpenguinsports social media channel with near daily frequency of content on golf, tennis and pickleball athletes, products, campaigns.
- Develop and manage B2B Email communications (to Green Grass and Specialty Customers) for OPG and Callaway.
- Launch and extend emphasis on B2B social media activation with sales team and reps (territory, national, leaders) with tools to implement at a local and channel level.
- Oversee paid influencer marketing campaigns for the local local and global markets.
- Partner with local creative agency on influencer seeding programs for major launches.
- Support brand moments by securing influencer attendance for social amplification.
- Support brand ambassador activations which include but is not limited to the influencers, local athlete & talent partnerships, etc.
- Support key retail signage and online marketing asset deployment.
- Oversee and support comms plans for PEI Golf & Tennis brand events taking place in key US markets i.e., golf majors & tennis slams, Miami Open, Indian Wells, Pickleball tours.
- Liaison as team player to support comms and execution of retail events in the US Market Ex, Athlete meet-greets at PEI Retail Stores (OPG, GAS), Key Account Collaborations.
- Work closely with OPG NY Lifestyle Marketing team on brand ambassadors, key sponsorships, partnerships and collaboration programs.
- 5-7+ years working in the marketing profession, golf or tennis industry, social media agency and/or apparel industry or other consumer products.
- Must be an avid and/or passionate golfer with knowledge of sport. Skill level not important.
- Passion for tennis and racquet sports is also beneficial and encouraged.
- BA/BS/BFA in Marketing/Advertising related area.
- Advanced proficiency in Social Media software, management tools, reporting analytics.
- Proficient in Google Suite - Docs, Slides, Sheets, Gmail. Ability to build winning presentations & smart spreadsheets.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Photoshop beneficial.
Legal Disclaimer: Perry Ellis International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.