Marketing Administrative Coordinator
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Marketing Administrative Coordinator to join our team to assist our team of Customer Senior Directors across two of our locations, Atlanta and Brooklyn. You must be willing to commute and work from our Atlanta location occasionally and be open to travel to Brooklyn.
This role involves a variety of administrative and operational tasks and will help the whole team operate smoothly. This person will be the gatekeeper for director and senior leaders’ schedules, projects, travel, expenses and juggling just about anything else that could come up, so flexibility and organization skills are a must. An ideal candidate has a bit of administrative and tech/product experience—such as an internship in a tech company, or position supporting technology functions of a small business—and is looking to grow their career. They should have excellent communication skills and a good balance of confidence and humility. A strong work ethic, ability to be simultaneously detailed and fast, organizational prowess, curiosity, and willingness to learn are key. Your role will be focused on freeing up the Senior Director’s time from administrative activities, so the team can reallocate that time to work on more strategic and leadership goals. Confidentiality and discretion are key components to this job and must be taken seriously.
- Managing schedules and providing one point of contact for organizing intra-departmental meetings
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships with the other administrative professionals in the marketing organization
- Coordinating schedules with any external vendors
- Assisting in identifying opportunities to combine meetings reducing triangulation ● Collaborating with recruiting on interviews
- Aligning with and collaborating on administrative ops team initiatives / ways of working Meeting room booking & management
- Coordinating and booking travel
- Managing expense reporting for senior leaders
- Assisting with support leadership initiative tracking alongside EA
- Internal event planning
- Participation in Administrative Ops meetings, learning & development, training
- Execution of department onboarding meetings / information share events / leadership events
- Creating agendas, organizing content (oversee deck creation) and owning set up for all support department and leadership meetings in partnership with Marketing EA ● Coordinating with facilities for vendors visiting the office
- Escorting vendors/partners around the office/to meetings when they visit MC
- 2+ years relevant experience in an administrative support role. Prior team and/or office management support is required. Experience within Product Management / Tech / Marketing ideal.
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving and quick thinking.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other administrative assistants. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for an executive audience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google suite.
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.