Market Product Marketing Manager
Appen is looking for an experienced product marketer with an innate ability to drive results. As a member of the Appen product marketing team, this person will be responsible for go-to-market strategy, messaging, positioning, enablement, and content for Appen’s Services, Data Labeling and Annotation Platforms.
The ideal candidate should have a keen interest in the AI Lifecycle and the importance of the role high quality data plays in it. They should have experience creating omni-channel marketing strategies and can use their knowledge to shape the marketing strategy of Appen SaaS products. The individual should be an excellent oral and written communicator, with attention for detail and who can help drive strategy for product launches, positioning/messaging, customer stories, and marketing initiatives that “move the needle” in the highly competitive AI technology services space.
- Be the go-to expert for our go to market strategies and initiatives—always keeping in-depth understanding of customer use cases, buyers/influencers, competitor capabilities and market trends.
- Write, validate, and maintain a positioning platform, messaging, value pillars, and differentiation points and clearly communicate it across all mediums.
- Own and maintain our product communication for our SaaS products, ensuring an optimal experience and adequate, measurable engagement across all deliverables for both online and offline assets.
- Plan and manage product launches that showcase innovation to customers, prospects, analysts, and internal partners.
- Help to produce compelling campaign content and messaging frameworks, presentations, eBooks, videos, blogs, podcasts, webcasts, nurture sequences content, etc. for all stages of the marketing and sales funnel.
- Develop sales enablement content, including customer presentations, battle cards, solution briefs, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist with product social media amplification strategies with testing and measurement.
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver impactful customer validation assets.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Understand and support our sales channels in partnership with the broader Product Marketing organization; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Proactively identify and anticipate roadblocks of technical, business, political, or organizational nature and actively seek resolution with leadership and peers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ year’s experience in a B2B SAAS software marketing and/or sales role.
- AI, Data Quality and customer experience applications, or related technologies is preferred.
- Ability to deliver, test, and measure integrated marketing campaigns both individually and collaboratively.
- Proven storyteller through customer videos, success stories, blogs, web copy, etc. with a passion for clear communication and crisp messaging.
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple priorities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- History of delivering results both individually and collaboratively in similar role(s).
- Great collaborator with strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.