Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes.
Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike).
We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this role you'll:
- Contribute to development and realization of the vehicle manufacturing strategy in support of Waymo’s business objectives and long-term plans.
- Develop and manage vendor partnerships and SOWs to ensure effective delivery on SLAs. Coordinating with key vendor contacts to track and ensure successful execution on contract terms relating to resourcing, quality, and delivery of services.
- Be accountable for vehicle manufacturing capacity and capability. Collect and analyze key performance metrics and ongoing vehicle manufacturing capacity demands, able to onboard resources and or implement solutions that improve the organization’s effectiveness.
- Lead cross-functional projects and coordinates activities with support teams and other functions to drive action to complete projects within time and resource constraints.
- Establish and deploy vendor-specific infrastructure, including security, tools, and processes needed to successfully execute on KPI’s.
- Lead regular internal business reviews and effectively partner with cross-functional teams both locally and globally to drive continuous improvement against topline metrics.
- Provide technical leadership and project management skills to identify effective and timely solutions to key program challenges.
- To be able to thrive under pressure and put forth a concise and actionable path forward out of complex, ambiguous conditions and shifting priorities.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 5 - 10 years experience in production, manufacturing and new product introduction environment.
- At least 5 years experience with program management in operations, leading high impact manufacturing strategy projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with experience in applying project management tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills showcasing an ability to influence people to contribute to continuous improvement of operations
- Ability to deal with multiple conflicting priorities and stakeholder issues while driving towards pragmatic decisions/actions
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per month or as needed as business demands.
It’s preferred if you have:
- 3 - 5 years experience developing and executing multiple vendor partnerships for a single operation
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related business certifications
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness
The expected base salary range for this full-time position is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo.
Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)