What You’ll Do
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll be part of our Engineered Fastening team located in Stanfield, North Carolina. The Manufacturing Engineer develops, evaluates, and improves industrial manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards. Has a natural curiosity for what is causing problems and desires to solve them in an analytical and respectful manner.
You’ll also get to:
- Develop new process improvements and use technology to increase efficiency in existing manufacturing processes.
- Implement and support lean manufacturing systems and work closely with other functions toward ongoing labor & material productivity, quality, and design cost improvements.
- Generate cost estimates and implementation schedules to meet or exceed both program costs and timing objectives.
- Research and evaluate current processes to identify problem areas and propose possible solutions.
- Identify manufacturing problems, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Utilize Industry 4.0 elements to improve processes and productivity.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Utilize solid modeling and drawing software to prepare layouts, drawings, and sketches (2d and 3d).
- Complete work improvement projects by training and guiding operators and supervisors.
- Work closely with other departments including manufacturing, sales, marketing, quality control and other engineering departments.
- Keep abreast of technological changes and trends by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and support sustainment efforts of new/improved processes; Contribute to cost savings plans set up by corporate initiatives.
- Support plant policies, goals, standards, values, and strategic planning; responsible for adhering to the Environmental Policy as well as supporting the procedures and work instructions maintained within the Environmental Management System.
- Other duties as directed by the Plant Manager
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor of Science in appropriate engineering discipline preferred, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Must have experience with solid modeling and drawing software (AutoCAD, Inventor, or similar).
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to perform effectively within budgetary guidelines
- Decisive and confident, open and candidate with the ability to energize others
- Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment
- Able to build strong and dependable teams
- Possesses excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with many different disciplines across all levels of the organization
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
No. of Positions
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers
FLSA (For US Only)