Managing Director of Real Estate Sales
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
OUR CORE VALUES:
We are in the business of making memories, and this mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in hospitality operations management, asset management, development, or sales & marketing. Our values define who we are.
- Be Authentic
- Practice Humility
- Cultivate Teamwork
- Value Time
- Be Trustworthy
The Managing Director of Real Estate Sales is responsible for all corporate real estate sales functions of Timbers Company and its subsidiaries, including the sales revenue oversight of real estate assets. This includes private residence club, custom lots, membership, and whole ownership product within the company’s luxury resort developments.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the CEO in developing merchandising strategy for Company overall and all development projects
- Provide direction and overall execution of the sales plan and objectives for Timbers Resorts, its development projects, and legacy projects
- Analyze business tactics, pricing, sales strategies, competitor activities, market research and implement changes as necessary and in a timely manner
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual marketing budget, sales goals, sales initiatives, and revenue forecasting process for all Timbers projects
- Implement sales training, sales team goal measurement and metrics to maximize sales revenue while achieving increasingly efficient revenue results
- Maintain accurate and timely financial and related sales information
- Provide consistent communication and review of monthly financial sales performance for Timbers’ development and legacy projects
- Establish appropriate communication with the company leadership, project ownership groups, and Timbers Board of Directors
- Implement third party real estate brokerage referral relationships and marketing partnerships
- Provide sales analysis, interpretation, and recommendations to the corporate management team that contribute to the long-term sales performance of the company and its development projects
- Evaluate new development, sales management, and other sales opportunities
- Recruit top performing sales executives to sell private residence club, membership, custom lots, and whole ownership real estate at our luxury resort development projects
- Document and enforce corporate sales policies and procedures including contracts, regulatory compliance, and licensing requirements
- Initiate appropriate procedures regarding policy enforcement, sales governance and compliance with applicable laws and regulations and corporate requirements
- Identification of best practices to improve the sales processes and overall marketing and sales efficiency
- Research cutting edge trends in sales delivery and lead generation and implement within Timbers
- Evaluate overall sales strategy and approach on an annual basis and make necessary changes to keep Timbers world class
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- Active FL real estate license is preferred
- High attention to detail and methodical organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks across multiple time zones
- Travel required
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient with a variety of computer software applications. Preferred experience with: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. Be a critical thinker
- Self-driven with the ability to create critical paths that provide solutions to ongoing sales and merchandising challenges
- Ability to conduct appropriate and relevant analysis of business results
- Manage priorities and workflow
- Effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; AND ten ( 10 ) years of previous sales experience management; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of managing real estate sales operations.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees, and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of properties.
- Principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- Federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage, and hour issues.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining, and researching office files.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Pay
- Volunteer time
- Paid maternity/Paternity leave
- Fun team building events
- Employee kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee and other beverages
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days
- Holiday Pay