The Managing Director is responsible for successfully running all aspects of the business including building sales, identifying opportunities, client development and service, coaching and counseling of staff, operational controls, etc.
About the Role:
- Oversees store team including the Assistant Manager and ensures that management team is well informed, trained and aligned in approach
- Provides strategy for team motivation, orchestrates change as needed, drives results through excellent people management
- Maintains at all times high morale and drive to achieve results
- Provides timely, thoughtful and appropriate analysis of business opportunities and the corresponding strategy for the development of the boutique
- Manages the buying process including the preparation, strategy and execution of the buy
- Ensures the highest level of service, coaching staff and management for increased performance
- Conducts/supervises the monthly touch base sales coaching process, effectively coaching for optimal results
- Addresses all issues effecting the boutique in a timely and thoughtful manner, delegating and following up as necessary
- Effectively partners with all corporate departments, merchandising, métier heads etc. to make sure the boutique is well supported in achieving its goals
- Maintains an active database of candidates for boutique. Recruits, interviews and selects appropriately.
- Embraces and supports all company initiatives, contests, programs
- Full responsibility for P&L, sales goal and inventory results
- Full responsibility for training of staff, communication and adherence to policy
- Maintains active HR notes on team performance and is responsible to write annual evaluations for direct reports in addition to guiding managers for all boutique reviews
- Manage stock for qualitative and quantitative maintenance respecting best sellers, aged inventory, and MOS guidelines
- Active partner with Communications Team to organize relevant Events that build client relationships and reflect the spirit of the House
- Work closely with VM team to ensure exceptional standards are always respected and new product stories are always highlighted
- Be fully aware of market trends and conduct regular competitive shopping
- YES - Supervises Floor Directors, all Store Management, Director of Operations, and all sales staff and sales support
- YES - Full P&L responsibility. The Managing Director is responsible for achieving the sales goal for the year for their specific location. They also need to ensure the store is profitable and has an accurate inventory that falls within the parameters the company sets. Responsible for maintaining stock levels all in all métiers and sell thru’s to achieve sales goals for the year.
Decision Making Responsibility:
- YES - Client Services, Policy interpretation, Recommendation for hiring and promotion, Buying decisions, Merchandising efforts, etc.
- Minimum 5 years prior Store Management experience, or flagship Assistant Store Manager Experience
- Previous buying experience relative to Managing Director responsibility
- Individual Management of multi person teams
- Prior reporting functions to Executive management and Merchant levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience running a high volume store
- Driver of sales, enthusiastic, high energy. Natural and dynamic leader of a team
- Impeccable standards of service and experience with a luxury/quality seeking clientele
- Natural elegance in communication to all levels with particular experience interacting with high level company executives and handling frequent store visits
- Proven ability to supervise and develop other high level members of store management
- Operationally sound
- Strategic, open to new ideas, not fearful of change
- Ability to motivate and maintain morale of team even in challenging circumstances. Is not afraid of conflict.
- Good delegator with excellent follow up skills but able to truly empower other managers
- Ability and desire to form strong partnerships across the organization. Sees the value in others opinions
- Great sense of personal style and passion for our brand and heritage
- Sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment and experience working with France or other European brands
- Exceptional merchant with previous buying experience and strength in managing buying process preferred
- Sense of humor. Does not take self too seriously or demonstrate arrogance. Humble nature, refined, understated, discrete
- Kind but effective management style. Does not manage by fear or intimidation.
- Comfortable with fast paced environment. Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of French language helpful
- Travel required, 4-5 weeks annually to Paris
The range for this position is $92,393-$153,988 annually with a bonus target of 25%. Actual rates are determined based on the job, location, and individual experience. Hermès of Paris offers comprehensive benefits such as medical, vision, and dental coverage, generous paid time off, as well as contributory and company paid retirement benefits. This position may also be eligible for a clothing allowance benefit.
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.