Manager, Technical Customer Support
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Manager, Technical Support to help empower our Customer Support team to do their best work and make Webflow the best product possible.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (Pacific Standard TimeFull-time
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $112,000-$154,000 for most US locations and $124,000-$171,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Technical Support
As a Manager, Technical Support, you’ll …
- Manage a remote team of Technical Support Specialists ranging from entry level to staff level.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a remote team to deliver on their performance goals.
- Set clear expectations for the team, tracking progress and providing constructive feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Ensure the team delivers in alignment with the company’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Effectively allocate resources to meet established schedules and objectives.
- Develop and implement effective strategies and processes to ensure timely and accurate resolution of technical escalations.
- Help customers in support queues, file bugs, troubleshoot issues and collaborate with the team to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Handle escalated customer inquiries or issues, ensuring a high level of professionalism and effective resolution.
- Advocate for our customers and work closely with the team and manager to find areas of improvement within our product and services.
- Successfully recruit and grow a high performing team in partnership with Global Customer Support leadership.
- Implement new and improved Customer Support processes across the areas and teams that they lead. Ensure that the team has all resources needed and proactively remove roadblocks for the team.
- Effectively set and maintain a consistent customer-centered mindset for the team and lead the team to identify, explore and appropriately prioritize innovative customer solutions that can truly improve the product and customer’s experience.
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive team culture that encourages collaboration, growth, and innovation.
- Collaborate with the Global Customer Support leadership to provide management coverage during Pacific Time hours and holiday/refresh periods, ensuring the team maintains the highest levels of customer support at all times.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Manager, Technical Support if you:
- Have a deep understanding of managing remote teams in the SaaS space or via a remote environment.
- Maintain frequent communication with engineering teams to maintain awareness of issues or changing processes/standards, including incidents and escalations.
- Embody servant-leadership by identifying and advocating for resources needed by the team, by being an empathetic coach, by identifying growth opportunities for their team and your desire to amplify others.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex technical issues for all our customer base
- Work autonomously, creatively, and kindly with your teammates while empowering and supporting those around you.
- Have excellent organizational skills to manage team workflows, prioritize tasks, and oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Have experience with digital tools such as Zendesk, Stripe, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) and are able to learn new digital tools quickly and have a deep understanding of web technology or web architecture.
- Bonus points… for Engineering Experience with Incident Management methodologies, systems and tools
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.