We are on the search for a motivated Tax Manager. This position reports to the Senior Director, Tax and is responsible for domestic tax compliance, audits and planning. The position ensures accuracy of tax returns and works to minimize the company’s tax obligations. The successful candidate will work with business units, service providers and other tax professionals in the organization to carry out these responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Draft concise responses to Information Document Requests; interact with state and local exam teams; represent Company at hearings before tax authorities
- Research and analyze state tax issues, monitor legislation
- Forge effective relationships with business partners throughout the Company and serve as a key resource to resolve tax issues arising from business operations
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend business improvements and opportunities
- Assist with review of state and local income tax compliance
- Review and approve monthly sales/use and personal property tax account reconciliations
- Support the assessment and implementation of federal and state planning
- Support the Company on M&A activity including due diligence and integration
- Monitor tax laws and implement strategies to minimize state and local taxes
- Assist with quarterly/annual tax provision preparation
- Manage professional staff of 2
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance. Master’s in Taxation preferred
- CPA and/or JD preferred
- 8-10 years state and local tax experience
- Experience handling state and local controversies
- Familiarity with various software systems and capabilities (e.g. OneSource, Vertex, Alteryx, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and effectively manage through complex issues and relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you have the right skills and experience and want to join our team, apply today.
So why join Hologic?
We are committed to making Hologic the company where top talent comes to grow. For you to succeed, we want to enable you with the tools and knowledge required and so we provide comprehensive training when you join as well as continued development and training throughout your career.
We offer a competitive salary and an annual bonus which your talent partner will discuss with you.
From a benefits perspective, you will join our wide-ranging benefits policy including medical and dental insurance, accident insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation, sick leave and holidays, parental leave and many more!
The annualized base salary range for this role is $94,500 to $157,500 and is bonus eligible. Final compensation packages will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, geography, education, business needs and market demand.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans