At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
This team will provide services to the Americas region for all of WMG’s lines of business, assuring compliance with tax requirements and supporting the accounting and tax teams with informational requests.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for performing and overseeing activities related to indirect and withholding tax to ensure compliance.
Here you’ll get to:
- Prepare and process tax forms, including service tax calculation, filing and remittance, processing of 1042 and 1099s forms, VAT / GST calculation and filing
- Assist in developing and maintaining tax compliance calendar to track the timely reporting of all indirect tax returns
- Work with local finance to resolve tax disputes
- Partner with corporate tax to ensure compliance systems are up to date
- Record journal entries for GAAP to stat or GAAP to tax differences in the appropriate ledger
- Verify documentation and prepare filing for withholding tax, as well any local tax requirements
- Calculate roll forward of deferred income taxes and accrued income taxes payable
- Ensure applicable GL accounts are tied to tax schedules
- Ensure timely responses to inquiries from tax jurisdictions
- Prepare other WMG tax reporting schedules, as needed
- Identify ideas for process improvement utilizing leading industry practices
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in relevant field
- Experience in international tax, including VAT and/or GST
- Strong work-ethic and a self-starter with effective organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, proactively seeking out new solutions
- Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
We’d love it if you also had:
Proficiency in one or more of the following languages